• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 128
  • Views Views 15,226

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
After stunning win by South Africe against AUS in 1st test, SA certainly not letting things off their hands in 2nd test by surprising recovery in 1st inning to take lead. The series looks interesting, & 2009 surely will see AUS losing no. 1 spot.

Wow 9th wicket partnership of 180 runs! And right now Aus is close to 170 and 6wkts down. So SA wud have to chase some 200 or so.

Aus era was gone, when McGrath, Gilchrist and Warne left. It was just matter of time then.

Btw SA just needs 153 runs tomorrow and all 10wkts left. So SA is almost certain to regain number 2 position from India.

I am not sure but I read somewhere that if SA takes series 3-0 then they can even be number 1.

ok here is the article:
http://icc-cricket.yahoo.com/media-release/2008/December/media-release20081223-27.html
Graeme Smith’s side can even leapfrog Ricky Ponting’s side at the top of the ladder by a fraction of a point if it wins the remaining two Tests to sweep the series 3-0.

Now, India and South Africa can rule the world... :dance:coming to the domestic season, I watch Tamil Nadu vs Bengal match on Neo Cricket. Murli Vijay played superbly.. also Abhinav mukund.. badrinath finished in style and victory for Tamil Nadu team.. TN play UP in Semis... :dance:

now its time for india and s.a to dominate......s.a. will win the test and the series.....

I think it will be SA who be no-1 next year........as far is india is concerned i believe they still need to work hard to attain the no-1 spot.......I think for the next 1-3 years the battle for no-1 spot will be between SA and Aus from 2010 india might just fight those people to get the no1 spot........

I am happy that finally after 16 years Aus has lost a home series😀

And similarly its been more than 12 or 15 years Aus lost a test match in Melbourne😀

If SA beat Aus in the Sydney test then SA will get the No-1 spot....😀

Slowly i believe till the time Grame Smith leading it will be great for SA .........😀

Australia v South Africa, 3rd Test, Sydney
Selectors expect Hayden to play on
Cricinfo staff
December 30, 2008

Victoria's Andrew McDonald will be Australia's allrounder in the third Test in Sydney from Saturday © Getty Images

Matthew Hayden will not use the Sydney Test as a farewell and he remains in Australia's plans for 2009, according to the chairman of selectors Andrew Hilditch. Hayden has held onto his spot for the third Test at the SCG and he is in a 12-man squad with the Victoria allrounder Andrew McDonald and the fast bowlers Ben Hilfenhaus and Doug Bollinger, who won selection because of injuries to Brett Lee, Andrew Symonds and Shane Watson.
Hayden, 37, has been under pressure to justify his position in the side following a lean few months but Hilditch said the selectors did not expect next week's game to be Hayden's last. "I very much doubt it," Hilditch said. "It's not the way he's practising, it's not the way he's playing and it's not the type of person he is.
"I don't like testimonial Tests for anybody. He's in the side because he's in our best Australian side. That's not an issue at all from our perspective."
Hayden has made 79 runs at 11.28 in Australia's four home Tests this year and he has not posted a century since last season. However, with tours of South Africa and England coming up in 2009, Australia's selectors remain keen for Hayden to be a fixture at the top of the order.
"He deserves the opportunities he's been given," Hilditch said. "He's having a rough trot. Obviously he's had some issues with decisions which probably haven't gone his way and he's had some run-outs and it hasn't been an easy return from injury.
"But we are really confident he'll do the job for us in Sydney. It's important he's given that opportunity because moving forward we'd still like him very much to be part of our plans."
Hilditch said it was not a time for chopping and changing the side and the younger players needed support, although three alterations were forced for the Sydney match. Watson will be unable to bowl for up to six months due to back stress fractures and Lee will have foot surgery after hurting himself during the nine-wicket defeat at the MCG. Symonds, who was also part of the series loss, will have an operation on his knee.
McDonald has been a steady performer for Victoria and is primarily a batsman who bowls effective medium-fast. He has played 44 first-class games, averaging 38.11 with the bat and 30.20 with the ball, and will play at the SCG.
"Andrew has been a very consistent allrounder for Victoria for several seasons," Hilditch said. "He is in very good form and as well as batting in the top six will give us the flexibility we need with our bowling attack."
Bollinger toured with the Test squad to West Indies and India and is favoured to be in the XI on his home surface. A left-arm fast man, Bollinger can swing the ball significantly and has 151 first-class wickets in 48 matches.
Ponting said it was unlikely both Bollinger and Hilfenhaus would debut at the SCG, where Australia will use a vastly inexperienced attack led by Mitchell Johnson. "It'll be difficult, there's no doubt about that," Ponting said of entering the match with such a young bowling line-up.
"We found it difficult enough over the last year whether it's been in India or here in Australia with guys that have played a little bit of cricket, let alone guys that have played no Test cricket. We know that they've got the raw skills and talent there but as we've seen with the younger guys it doesn't necessarily come out straight away."
Australia squad Matthew Hayden, Simon Katich, Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Hussey, Michael Clarke, Andrew McDonald, Brad Haddin (wk), Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Hauritz, Ben Hilfenhaus, Peter Siddle, Doug Bollinger.

Cricinfo - Selectors expect Hayden to play on

no one can deny that it ws one of the gr8st match in history of world cricket :dance:

AUS was very close to series defeat against India, if Sydney test was not struck with contraversy. But good finally some team managed to impose series defeat on AUS. Now it would be interesting how AUS responds in 3rd test with new players, or SA takes clean sweep of 3-0.

Apart from the Sydney Controversy i believe i think indian team could have batted well to surive the last 6 - 8 overs😢........we have also done mistake in batting during the last hour of the sydney test.........😢

hmmm.......they batted in a pathetic manner......losing wkts to a part timer like clarke was a real shame............they could hv atleast drawn the test match

My point was just it was not only bad umpiring decision and australia's crookedness made the defeat but we also need to accept that we batted pathetically in the last hr of the sydney test........if that match was drawn india would have won the series against Aus and it would have been first time by the indian team too

if that match was drawn india would have won the series against Aus and it would have been first time by the indian team too

even if the test was drawn india wouldn't hv went on to win the series.......the series had been drawn........
but if umpiring blunders hadn't been there then india could hv won the test and so as the series.....
nyways......nw no use of talking abt bitter memories of the past.....and just rejoice of the form in which current team india is :thumb::dance::yahoo: