SOS want to connect bsnl evdo card to a wifi router . help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sureshrajaram

ISP
bsnl
hellow guys , i want to connct evdo data card to a wifi router , is it posibble to do it ? actually only one room in our house has WCDMA signal of bsnl (it is our living room so i cannot use laptop there) , so i want to install a wifi router in that room and connect the laptop through wifi. so u see connectify software is not an option for me . actually i have landline broadband connection but the connection is not good gets dissconnected frequently (road work damaged the cabels). if it is possible to connect wifi router to bsnl evdo card then what is the brand and price of that router ? how install (setting and stuff?) ? where to buy it ? i live in maharashtra(kolhapur). so please let me know . urgent help needed. thx

A google search for "wifi router with evdo" reveals http://ekwireless.in/tenda3g611r.html which claims to work with BSNL EVDO. Hope this helps.

ya you can use evdo but also any USB dongle as a wifi .

----------

use this software called Connectify (Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify) which works perfectly fine. You have to configure it once and then it's as simple as just plugging in the Wi-fi dongle and clicking the Start Hotspot button. I'm not sure if it will work across rooms, but it works fine within a large room.

----------

use this software called Connectify (Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify) which works perfectly fine. You have to configure it once and then it's as simple as just plugging in the Wi-fi dongle and clicking the Start Hotspot button. I'm not sure if it will work across rooms, but it works fine within a large room.

That's not what he's asking for - I think you have not read the original post correctly, as he also mentions that "connectify is not an option for me".

Problem: He has BSNL EVDO, but the signal is weak and only available in one room of his house (his living room).
What he wants: He wants to be able to use the Internet in other rooms (not the living room), so to have the EVDO device in his living room, then use a WiFi router to connect from another room.
Solution: WiFi router which connects to EVDO.

Get Asus RT-N13U from Flipkart ....you can use your EVDO Dongle as a input and this router will give good signal across your entire home.
Flipkart: Asus RT-N13U Wireless N with All-in-One Printer Server Router: Router

I copy and paste a comment from a user which is relevant to the OP's question.

"The best Wifi router, amazing features in the price range.
I purchased this wi-fi router for sharing my 3G internet primarily but hold that is just the tip of the ice, it has plethora of other featured thrown in like independent file server, file share, printer server, web server, and independent p2p file down-loader which allows one to select the seed and let the router download the file and store it on the USB HDD attached to it.

I have tested it with Photon +, Reliance and MTS data cards and it connects with no problem (select CDMA 2000 for device type as HSDPA doesn't work for MTS and Photon +).

A winner all the way, it retains the wi-fi network through out and stood random interference test with flying colors.

Highly recommended."

thanxs mgcarley ,obeliex ,tarun . it really helped me!i will try to see if it works , hoping for the best ! when i searched for wifi router connecting to evdo card i found few posts but were old (year 2008) , and most of them said that it could not be done . one guy said that he connect evdo card to his computer and through his computer he connected wifi router (transferd internet to wifi router ) and used it on other computers . i cannot do that . all i want is to plug evdo card to wifi router . and then access the internet through it . thanks for helping. obeliex can i plug in evdo dongal into this router and share internet ? is setting it up a hassle or easy ? more info will be appreciated bro! thax millions again! also mgcarley i will call the contact number on the web page and ask more info! thank u too

The problem is you do not have good signal in the house except in living hall where you can bot operate your laptopWhat you have 1 Laptop with wifi support 2 You have a BSNL data dongle If the above assumptions are OK then the solution is below1) You can boost the signal with a signal booster but this solution is a limited function and not elegantThe better solution is go for a 3G wi fi router which will connect your dongle to internet via usb portand become a wifi hotspot to connect your laptop any where in the house If you need more details you can post again I have been using A LINK wifi router with bsnl dongle for more than six monthsI have a bonus of connecting my android phone also with the same router and without subscribing for 3G data plan

Tarun036 said:

[color=#C0C0C0;]----------[/color]

My phone gets connected but internet doesn't work in phone.. I m using connectify pro.

sureshrajaram said:
hellow guys , i want to connct evdo data card to a wifi router , is it posibble to do it ? actually only one room in our house has WCDMA signal of bsnl (it is our living room so i cannot use laptop there) , so i want to install a wifi router in that room and connect the laptop through wifi. so u see connectify software is not an option for me . actually i have landline broadband connection but the connection is not good gets dissconnected frequently (road work damaged the cabels). if it is possible to connect wifi router to bsnl evdo card then what is the brand and price of that router ? how install (setting and stuff?) ? where to buy it ? i live in maharashtra(kolhapur). so please let me know . urgent help needed. thx
Your problem solved ?

Status
Not open for further replies.