SonyLIV

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 13,085
This is the first time I am some what interested in the upcoming Eng vs WI series - Need a break from all the ongoing stuff..

PQ seems a bit better than before in the cricket match - or maybe I am just watching after a long time.

Yes they have been testing for a few months. They have upgraded their Originals to 4K with DV and HDR10.

They're discontinuing live channels w.e.f 30th August 2023.

h5QuFk9.jpg

Haha! That’s very stupid of Sony liv to discontinue live channels on OTT.

so even jio fiber customers will get affected with it as jiotv+ provide Sony live channels through Sony liv

Live channels are available on mod versions of apk, also many apk’s with Live channels have all channels which are available on Sony Liv app, currently my DTH has only English Movies and all star channels as it’s hard to find them on any app, next may be I need to add Sony Liv channels if they disappear from OTT platform.

Next Zee will follow..
Jio can still provide Sony Liv channels as they currently provide Star channels, there tech team is smart to do tweaking before the deadline.

Except for Live Sports, what is benefit of having Live Channels on OTT?
Are Live News channels also provided in Sony LIV?

Live channels are necessary, whether via broadcast or stream. Sometimes all you want to watch whatever is on scheduled programming and not bother with selecting something from a huge OTT library. Remove that and you force people to subscribe to another platform to view them. And no, there are no news channels by or on SonyLiv.

Not sure about other languages, but I am seeing some Marathi movies from Zee5 on Sony Liv (like Duniyadari).
Has integration between Zee5 and SonyLiv started?
(same for movies channels as well, some moves are shared between Zee ans Sony movies channels).

Found this article which has some mention about providing Live TV channels by OTT. Has govt restricted or going to restrict Live TV channels on OTT.
Citing an example, he said, “An OTT platform provides five TV channels along with its digital subscription at a cheaper price but those same channels cost a bomb to the cable TV operators. There has to be a fair competition. This is also responsible for cable TV subscribers switching to OTT as its offers are more attractive price-wise,” he said.

Article does not say anything on restricting the Live TV channels on OTT platform, it’s only mentioning disparities in pricing by broadcasters for Cable TV and OTT.

The decision of Sony Liv to remove Live channels from there OTT platform could be more to control piracy.