• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 13,063

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
While browsing through Nokia Store for Symbian Apps, came across app "Sony LIV" from Sony Entertainment Network (Nokia Store).
It perhaps have videos from Shows broadcast on Sony and SAB TV (I haven't tried it).

Interested member (may be girls) can try it 🙂

Sony has their own online television series watching service now. Too bad it is not powered by YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.sonyliv.com/

MSM launches VOD platform Sony LIV | Best Media Info, News and Analysis on Indian Advertising, Marketing and Media Industry.

Multi Screen Media (MSM) has announced a new product for digital entertainment – Sony LIV. The offering is designed to be the ultimate online entertainment destination – a Video-on-Demand (VOD) service, which will provide viewers a world-class viewing experience of their favourite shows from the Sony stable – Sony, SAB and Max.

The Sony LIV application is available globally for free on www.SonyLIV.com, for download on major app stores – iTunes and Google Play (Android). This will facilitate the viewers to get their daily dose of entertainment on the go on their smart phones, tablets or desktops/laptops.

It's watchable, not bad for me. Just saw Tarak Mehta for a few minutes and the video quality certainly wasn't horrible.

Got a mailer that they are revamping and price will go up after June 18.

No details of any plans or increase by how much.

Monthly is increased from 99 to 299
Six months from 299 to 699
One year from 499 to 999

Do they have that much content to compete? Were there even many takers at that earlier price?

I am just thinking if someone is planning to do a complete replacement of TV & goes for Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, Zee5 & SonyLiv its going to be more than 500-600 per month of average price (not to mention players like HungamaPlay, ErosNow, Shemaroo etc). Ofcourse there might be less overlap between a Netflix user & a SonyLiv user but still.

Edit: I calculated Netflix at shared price - Its too pricey for an individual user in any case.

Monthly is increased from 99 to 299
Six months from 299 to 699
One year from 499 to 999

Do they have that much content to compete? Were there even many takers at that earlier price?
They have completely messed up the android app. It freezes up and then force closes. Looks like the work of some 12 year old kid. My renewal is due in July. I am definitely not going to renew with these prices and such crappy app.

I am just thinking if someone is planning to do a complete replacement of TV & goes for Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, Zee5 & SonyLiv its going to be more than 500-600 per month of average price (not to mention players like HungamaPlay, ErosNow, Shemaroo etc). Ofcourse there might be less overlap between a Netflix user & a SonyLiv user but still.

Edit: I calculated Netflix at shared price - Its too pricey for an individual user in any case.
Zee5 is free for Voda prepaid and Airtel postpaid users.
Netflix 200/mth (800/4 shared account)
Hotstar premium (1500/12) 125/mth
Amazon Prime Video - effectively free if you use the prime benefits properly and utlise the cashback offers.
Jio cinema - free for Jio users.
Eros Now - free through Jio Cinema.
Sonyliv -not worth at these prices.
So about 325/mth
PS: Most people will have at least one Jio SIM and one Voda SIM in their family.

Last edited: