Sony Xperia S

• Thread starter Thread starter Zoidberg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 6,029
That will be interesting, but I wonder how many will choose it over Galaxy Nexus.

That will be interesting, but I wonder how many will choose it over Galaxy Nexus.

One USP of Samsung when it came to Nexus was that it had vanilla Android with priority updates. Now if Sony offers the same, I'm sure more people would go for Sony than Samsung!

One USP of Samsung when it came to Nexus was that it had vanilla Android with priority updates. Now if Sony offers the same, I'm sure more people would go for Sony than Samsung!

99 out of 100 want a phone with big screen and a shiny body. They don't care if its ics or gb or jb.

That's how I roll.Although I do care about ICS or JB. But IMO, the whole package has to be considered....

i checked out the whole thing. sony has nothing to do with it. they are not going to roll out these updates from their end.

from what i see, google developers are trying an experiment to release android updates for the owners of xperia s. from their end.

they picked xperia s as the device for this experiment because it is a modern device with fairly powerful hardware with no locking from sony's end.

it's not like that the phone would get official updates from google. you would just get builds from android developers focused on this specific model.

it's more like some google developers (not the company itself) releasing custom mods focused on this specific model for anyone who is interested.

please read the official announcement before forming an opinion about the whole thing.

For a new challenge, I'd like to try to go one step further, and to
target some hardware beyond the usual categories. I've added a git
project for the Sony LT26, i.e. Xperia S. This seems like a good
target: it's a powerful current GSM device, with an unlockable
bootloader, from a manufacturer that has always been very friendly to
AOSP.

This is as close to the AOSP as I can get without owning a nexus phone.

i hope this is an indication that Sony might be making one of the rumored multiple nexus devices scheduled for launch later this year 😀

Why is that surprising?
Samsung launched the Galaxy Note I in October 2011, jellybean rollout started in February 2013. Xperia S was launched in February 2012, jellybean rollout in March 2013. Rollout times are similar across HTC, Samsung, Sony etc. what differs is whether certain phones will get the update or not.

Hey,
Anybody know about the bad battery life of this phone? How to improve it?