Sony Six launches on 7th April. HD feed from May 20.

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,645
Ok, i should have clarified which channels i m talking of - it was Neo....in response to ur comment on Neo.

Yeah.. Even I misunderstood Wonder who would even buy them.. They should probably try & sell the content (Sony might be interested) & windup ...Sony & Neo already had a deal on the NZ series - So they look the most friendly group for them now.

I think even DTH operators too should replace neo channels with Sony one . Dish Tv shown aggressiveness and added Six on launch date itself.

Awesome, I've been waiting for UFC to air in india. even though it probably wont be live but I'm okay with that.

It will carry live , recorded all kind of events .

@Jaymin - I think they will slowly move Max away from sports and have that as a dedicated movie channel and Six as a sports one. They did not have enough content either way when they launched. But now they can afford to split.
Both MAX and PIX had some sports content. Now both would be moved to SIX.

But so far I cant see any mainline sports content like Cricket (except I P L), or F1, or Hockey which are popular in India. They have to get aggressive in gathering content.
BTW NZ rights are also gone from Sony I guess - NZ Cricket signs 8-year broadcast deal : Cricketnext
New Zealand Cricket and Pitch International have signed a eight-year sponsorship and media rights agreement which will underpin the financial security of cricket in New Zealand.
Pitch International will have the worldwide rights to distribute New Zealand matches across television, radio and internet while NZC retains the rights to matches broadcast in New Zealand and to domestic competitions.

Sony would have to get broadcast rights from new right holders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw9hVNq35bMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqEh3jA1ktE

Yes... The New right holders will be looking to disctribute the content in various countries - So Sony can be aggressive there. But they may find competition there too... as ESS may look to wipe out competition & Neo also needs something to survive & even Ten can be keeping a watch out for it.

The video is titled "SIX - India's Premiere Sports Entertainment Channel" Now hardly people have seen this channel. It has just seen the daylight i guess, and they are claiming this! By what logic can they claim this? Do they have anything to substantiate this claim?

All are sports channels, this is No.1 sports "entertainment" channel. 😛