Sony is pissing on famous hacker Geohotz.

• Thread starter Thread starter acc1444
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 11,987
Time to Piss on Facebook.

How can one hire a hacker is just beyond me .. By hiring a hacker they are endorsing hacking ... It's same as bank hiring a thief ..
If someone has left his house open it don't give anyone the right to steal the things from there ..

Hacker are highly qualified professionals... And in Most cases (as in this case) they don't CAUSE harm to any... (Sony may not agree) Most people do jail break... If I had bought something (so expensive) to use I believe I am entitled to use it as I wish... No sure why the seller stills need to control how I use it?

And it is more like making the naughtiest kid in the class as the class monitor.... With knowledge of the security lapses its only can get stronger....

hacker s wrong term to describe this guy, hacking is done when you gain unauthorized access to a network or a system which is NOT yours. what George Hotz did was to re enable a feature that Sony had sold as a part of psp and later took it back , breaking their own promises to customers , bottom line i own the hardware i paid for it , if i feel like i can and throw it off a rooftop , rip it apart and break it, and in the process if i make it better , well good for me. !! this called reverse engineering and this very different from hacking.
on topic this guy had offers from very top tech companies so this is no surprise , he is a very talented person , heck he is a legend , and look what sony is, they are like village nerds still agreeing they were right after every goof up they have done over this issue.

more on this epic fail from sony

Sony CEO: We Were Hacked By Freetards Who Just Want Everything Free | Techdirt

on topic this guy had offers from very top tech companies so this is no surprise , he is a very talented person , heck he is a legend , and look what Sony is, they are like village nerds still agreeing they were right after every goof up they have done over this issue.
yep all that at the age of 21 ...

----------

Interesting fact: He shares his Birthday with Mahatma Gandhi, Lal bahadur Shatri, Sting, Asha Parekh...