Sony Bravia

:no: . Earlier when I was comparing it with Samsung Smart TV 8 Series, I too felt that LED without border would be nice, but 2 reasons i dropped it

1. Samsung 8 Series were quite costly because of 3D Feature
2. When we start watching the TV, we forget about the borders 😉

Its playing through USB. I was amazed to see the PQ and AQ . Even better than Fame Ad Lab, where i had watched earlier.
It was really Stunning 🙂

I think he was talking about the top & bottom black borders in the picture & not the bazel.... try downloading a nice 720p movie & playing on it & see the diff 🙂 pming u a link to download movies with 720p with a size of less than 1GB 🙂...

Chor sala!!!!(jking) Stole my idea about giving a nice detailed acct about buying a new HD TV on the forums 😛... Anyway nice work...It will definitely help members looking for this kind of information 🙂 ... BTW the 1st Movie u watch on ur spanking new HD TV is about the end of the world??? Nice 😛...

@anant seeing as this is his 1st HD TV it doesnt make sense for him to have blu ray player & a movie on blu ray.... I m guessing he was watching on USB...

😛 I am fast 😉 What could be the Best Movie to watch on my new HDTV 😛

BBC's life is the best thing i've ever seen in 1080p . other than that i suggest HBO's "the pacific" , "alien anthology movie set " and HBO's "game of thrones" in 1080p . you can only get "alien anthology" and BBC's "life" in india on blue-ray( both are on ebay.in ) . Unfortunately some of the best blue-rays have not been released in india . 720p will not look as great on your tv as 1080p but will save you a lot of bandwidth .just to give you an idea , "the pacific" is 50 gb nearly even though it only has 10 parts of 52 minutes each .

Yah, 1080 p is actually more superior than 720p. Thanks for the updates. Need to watch more as suggested. 🙂

Dude i purchased it in a retail shop (Vasanth & Co - Chennai)..The Tax (VAT is 14.5 % in Tamil Nadu)...Diffenetly I will share my experience once the TV & HD+ box comes to me....Can you enlighten me on what aspect you are telling me the model is awesome....Due to budget constraint i went for Plasma....as i felt plasma is better than LCD or else i need to go for LED...for LED TV purchase i didnt have that much of budget....

I was also planning for Plasma TV, but only constraint was that Companies are lowering the manufacturing of Plasma TV and many a times parts are not available. This information was told to me by Sony Service Centre Engineer. But again that is a luck thing. All TVs at my home , some older than 8 yrs have never went to service centre. So if we leave this constraint, Plasma and LED PQ are almost same. The Only Feature LED rulz is its Backlite LED which empowers even single diodes on/off.Plasma is work almost same like LED untill its placed on heights due to Mercury Factor which is not in case of LED.I had compared both Plasma and LED side by side and PQ quality was unnoticeable .

Nice review IndianMascot 🙂 Just a small input from my side.. for sports I've felt that 720p is much better.. Try it..Ajju bro, congratulations.. Waiting for your review!

Sony are not manufacturing Plasma at all....

Thanks for your inputs...

Thats wt I told you. Manufacturing is either stopped or very little in other companies too.

All the Best for your New TV 🙂

----------

Nice review IndianMascot 🙂 Just a small input from my side.. for sports I've felt that 720p is much better.. Try it..

Ajju bro, congratulations.. Waiting for your review!

Sure buddy. I am unable to provide Channels PQ Review untill DTH is installed. Till then I have to be satisfied with Hathway Digital Cable Service and Blu Ray Discs.

Can you guys tell me what is the difference between HDTV & Full HD TV...I have 1 difference ie.,HDTV - 1024 x 768 resolution and Fulld HDTV - 1920 x 1080....will i loose some thing since my plasma has HDTV - 1024 x 768 resolution .....viewing the Asli HD channels telecasted in india....When i viewed the demo of both full hdtv and the plasma hdtv i could not find any difference of Starcricket channel HD or NGC HD...

You are absolutely correct with the difference between HDTV and Full HDTV, but for watching Asli HD Channels won't make any difference. I can watch 1080p Video on my Laptop which has higest resolution of 1280 x 800.

Can you guys tell me what is the difference between HDTV & Full HD TV...

I have 1 difference ie.,HDTV - 1024 x 768 resolution and Fulld HDTV - 1920 x 1080....will i loose some thing since my plasma has HDTV - 1024 x 768 resolution .....viewing the Asli HD channels telecasted in india....

When i viewed the demo of both full hdtv and the plasma hdtv i could not find any difference of Starcricket channel HD or NGC HD...

As you've already bought the tv , i can't really help you but i must tell you that your tv is not full hd . always buy LED models on less -than-50-inch models , plasma is better for 50+ inch models ( better black levels as compared to LED TVs of 50+ ) although in about an year LED TVs will be on par with plasmas even in 50+ inch TVs . you won't see much difference in quality watching asli hd channels but you'll see difference when watching blue-ray movies .
you can only get 720p 3d tvs under 80k. good full hd 3d TVs stil cost a lot although present 3D technology on TVs is very cheap for manufacturers but they price them on higher side as people don't know much about 3D.

hope that helped you .