Sony Bravia

Hi guys,i just purchased a Sony bravia 32 inch CX420 LCD Full Hd tv and i also placed a order for Tata Sky HD along with it. Currently i am using my cable wala provide Hathway Cable which well provides almost all the channels with gud quality in my 21inch sony tv. I wanted to know if i don't buy the Tata Sky HD how much difference will be there in terms of picture quality between the two?While Hathway currently costs me Rs200 and also just say to the cable walla to come back later and you can get the service for 2,3 months without any intereption . While in Tata Sky HD i will be paying somewhere around Rs 250-270/ month.While Hathway on overall terms is good my only doubt is regarding that if i use it with my LCD tv will it provide me with Good PQ in comparison to Tata Sky HD.p.s I am talking about normal SD channels how much difference will both have. Guys really need some quick help on this since i will cancel the Tata Sky Tomorrow and adjust it with my down payment.

if you have already purchased the TV, what is stopping you from checking the picture quality? i do not think 32 inch is large enough to mess up picture quality from cable feed especially if you are using the set top box.

@operamaniac first of all thanks a lot for such quick reply. Well the problem was that i have paid for the Tv but it was not in stock and it will be coming only tomorrow. Also i checked up CX320 very similar to the CX420 and the PQ was good. Actually my problem of choosing the particular model was that i was tight on budget. Now the Tv will be delivered tomorrow and hopefully the Tata Sky along with it as well. So the problem is i don't know if i made the wrong choice by selecting Tata sky since i though that there will great improvement in the PQ over Hathway set-top box. While Tata sky is costing me higher in terms of pay/month the only thing i choose it for was High PQ which i assumed i will be getting.So you are telling me that Hathway PQ and Tata Sky PQ will not have gr8 difference?

you ordered Tata Sky hd. so picture quality would be Superior on it. i just said that 32 inches is not large enough to mess up cable quality much.

thanks but will Tata Sky HD PQ be better than my hathway cable. Since i am not entirely sure about this i assumed that there will be more pixelation in hathway since i saw the quality of Airtel HD in cx320 and nx520 bravia and i must say the SD channels are not such cozy to watch you can see the grains. So i thought if you can see the grains in DTH HD then what will happen to normal Hathway cable even though i have the set-top box.

Kk finally my LCD was delivered currently connected to my Hathway STB through the normal Red,White and Yellow cable(sorry but i don't know wht you call this cable) and i must say i am happy with my decision to drop the idea of buying Tata Sky HD, since the PQ is better than Airtel DTH SD channels. Well i am able to say that because my Neighbor has airtel DTH HD and his PQ in the Samsung 32HD is not so good. I called him up to ask about quality and he said that he was actually surprised to see that hathway could work that well with a Full HD tv even though it was 32 inch. While I will try to post some screenshots of kind of quality of hathway.p.s and yes there is some work going on in the backoffice of hathway regarding intro of HD boxes etc, and improving the PQ of channels. Well this is what my cable walla said since i was not getting all the channels. But he is not a person i would agree completely. Anyway i am getting all the channels at Rs 200 and at good quality i have dropped my idea of having Tata Sky for now, if Hathway comes up with HD i will try that. 😛

I would like to share a Small Review of my New Sony Bravia 40” Full HD LED TV. May be this could help forum Members and others if they are planning to buy New LED TV. I won’t be mentioning Technical Specification as it can easily be found online.

After One week of Searching, comparing and analysing at Various Online Stores, Mall and Electronics Store, finally purchased SONY Bravia LED TV. LG, Samsung and SONY, I found that all the LEDs had stunning PQ, but LG and Samsung colours were quite contrasting while Sony is having very soft contrast and more sharp colour depth.

Due to Various Lucrative offers, first I decided to buy it from Letsbuy.com, but later on came to know that there is not huge difference between Letsbuy.com price and Retail Store Price. So decided to Buy it from e-zone (future grp). Before that visited Vijay Sales, Croma and Sony Mony, But Sales Staff and their Managers were really disgusting and seem that companies are paying them for time passing rather than entertaining. Only VS and e-zone guys were knowledgeable and shown
Eagerness in selling products.

Model – Sony Bravia KDL-40EX520 40” LED TV
Letsbuy.com Price – Rs 62400
E-Zone/Croma/VS Price – Rs 64900

Also e-zone is having best in house Finance offer available where I was offered 14 Month EMI option with 0.0% Rate of Interest. I find it much better rather than purchasing on Credit Card and paying an Interest of 2.25% .

At One Point thought of 3D LED, but dropped the plan thinking I would rarely wear 3D Spec over my Power Specs 😛

E-Zone guys were very co-operative. I decided to buy instantly and was not having cheques and POA for Finance option, but the Finance guy came to my Residence immediately after purchasing and collected the docs. And LED TV was delivered Next Day as per my timings.

imgur: the simple image sharer

And the Next Day Sony Service Centre Engineer visited at my Residence and Installed the TV. Also gave demonstration of watching Videos via USB and my N8 through HDMI Ports.

1st Movie to watch on my New LED TV in Full HD (1080i, .m2ts format)

PQ of Hathway Digital Cable. Good but 4:3 stretched to 16:9 causing pixelation and distortion.

Thanks 🙂

Awesome review, Thanks for sharing with us. Are you planning to take any HD DTH for your LCD?

Yes Buddy , Definately looking for buying HD DTH asap, but my Society is Hathway Dominate and none having DTH connection. Trying to convince Society Members . Already Videocon d2h MDU Team is following with them. Hope they agrees, bcoz Videocon d2h is giving them Damm Good Offer. STB Free for all Houses, and Rental free to all Society Members and for other 250 channels in just Rs 260 🙂

I heard sometime Back that Hathway will be launching HD in July. Not sure if its happening though.

nice review... 🙂all those black borders are they annoying......did u play a blu ray disk or through usb ?

I heard sometime Back that Hathway will be launching HD in July. Not sure if its happening though.

Still No news from Hathway HD. Its getting extended since May. and even if they launch, I need to again change my STB. So better go for DTH Service this time.

Chor sala!!!!(jking) Stole my idea about giving a nice detailed acct about buying a new HD TV on the forums 😛... Anyway nice work...It will definitely help members looking for this kind of information 🙂 ... BTW the 1st Movie u watch on ur spanking new HD TV is about the end of the world??? Nice 😛...@anant seeing as this is his 1st HD TV it doesnt make sense for him to have blu ray player & a movie on blu ray.... I m guessing he was watching on USB...

nice review... 🙂

all those black borders are they annoying......did u play a blu ray disk or through usb ?

:no: . Earlier when I was comparing it with Samsung Smart TV 8 Series, I too felt that LED without border would be nice, but 2 reasons i dropped it

1. Samsung 8 Series were quite costly because of 3D Feature
2. When we start watching the TV, we forget about the borders 😉

Its playing through USB. I was amazed to see the PQ and AQ . Even better than Fame Ad Lab, where i had watched earlier.
It was really Stunning 🙂