Songs.pk Banned banned in India

thing is free... spend and get best quality.Thiefs get things free. Is this you want to be? @kissass ?

@jaymin
yeah i agree dude. they try to sell u a wardrobe full of clothes when all u want is 1 shirt !! lolz. almost every movie has 1-2 good songs max. the rest are utter crap. yet they want us to buy the entire cd !! even when u have the option of buying single songs online most of it is 128kbps. but don't they sell lossless music ! if they want my money they better give me the way i want it.

----------

thing is free... spend and get best quality.

Thiefs get things free. Is this you want to be? @kissass ?
where did i say i want anything for free?? i want lossless music only. i refuse to buy pathetic crap. and i refuse to buy entire cd's too. why shoudl i buy a cd for 1 song?? sell me 1 song i will buy it. provided its not a 128 kbps ripped mp3. the music companies are not doing a favor on me by selling third rate ripped mp3's.

Popcorn.....But what do u want to say on my logic? I m willing to pay if prices r sane. I have even said that i have quite a collection of Moserbaer Discs since it was selling at throwaway prices. I then dont care if i didnt like that movie.If they can do this, y cant the others? I tell u....its the lack of will. The thing is that ppl equate high prices with high profits. But when they set such prices, the forget 2 things....Loss of revenue due to low volumesLoss of revenue to piracyAnd in fact a third thing as well - Cost of Anti piracy measures.

I will be more than happy to buy any game, os, office suite, antivrus, software that comes out rather than pirating it. But for songs, I'll not pay for it :1)I don't want to overload my computer area with 1000's of discs.2)Buying the originals will never be enough for me.3)I'm lazy and all this CD work is too much for me.4)Online digital content is more costly.If they come out with something like 2k bucks for 1 year of subscription to unlimited/20-30 gigs songs, I'll gladly subscribe to it.

Good thing that they banned it. I don't support music piracy. But then we should have easy options for individual song downloads in flac or other high quality formats. Perhaps there are that I am unaware of.

Till then no 1 will prefer original. If i m buying something, i should even have the option to check it out before buying. There r such pathetic songs in most movies, that it wud b total cheating to pay up few hundreds and then repent.

you are saying that you dont have avenues to check out music before purchasing it? TV, Radio, Youtube etc. etc. etc.

I had booked Mumbai - Delhi air tickets in the year 2002 for Rs. 1. I had booked 4 return tickets. Total amount spent was 8 rupees.That time it was cheap. Tpday each ticket cost 5 thousand. So 40 thousand.Now I dont buy them.But there are thousands of people who are buying it everyday.It is just demand supply. If you can afford, buy songs, or just listen whatever is free. Youtube till its serving you songs, smashits till it gives you quality songs, just enjoy.But there is no need for us to enter the illegal route by sharing or p2p or torrent route. Let government decide if they want and we respect it.What happned to link-removed? there are many other websites opened like it in other countries where such regulations are not there. People use those now.Again the demand supply economics apply ....

^ bro demand n supply is just a part of the equation. many ppl download flacs only coz they can't buy high quality music. not for lack of money but for the fact that music companies don't bother selling it !!

Just looked into the t-series website which currently has the maximum rights for bollywood movies. One can actually buy a single track of the movie whichever they like.

do ppl still buy cds !! get on with time this is not 1990's. as kickass mentioned tell me one place on earth where i can buy lossless vinyls in digital format , i transfer my music on multiple devices tell me one legit service which would let me format shift my music which i have paid for in anyway i want without any stupid DRM on it. same goes for my Blu rays , where in gods name can i buy a BL disc without drm on it so i can rip it and save it or transfer it do another device for watching it , oh hang on i updated the firmware on my BL player and whammm the new firmware is not supported by the DRM protected disc so guess what i have either buy another player or another disc , and please will while you are it tell me one place where i can go and watch movies which will not make it to this country due to idiotic censor rules of 19th century [ case in point ' the girl with the dragon tattoo' } hmmmmm yeah one more thing, would i wait for 1 or 2 year before i get some new series to premiere on Indian t.v or just pray that it gets here and then pray that it is not chopped by censors again !!!! hell no i am not waiting a single minute after it airs anywhere in world , GET ON WITH TIME, get rid of drms , get rid of regional locks, get rid of censors , make content available withing reasonable price digitally and you have a customer other wise sorry i get better service from p2p.adapt or die is word out to content industry , does not matter if it is hollywood or bollywood.

Thats what i m telling - Affordable, and may be trying out before buying. The 1st factor is very much important. The second being just another factor.@ Manu....If Youtube has the latest stuff, then dont u think even thats piracy? As regards Radio/TV.....well it can be useful, but then what about the pricing? Please dont give me the same old excuse of everyone has the right to make profits and all that. Do u mean to say that Moserbaer is out there to do charity & the others are doing business? I have mentioned 3 factors quite few times on different topics, but no 1 is able to counter it satisfactorily.The local CD vendor sells me pirated stuff at Say Rs.60 odd for an Mp3 which has some 10-15 movie songs & a few other albums. Or if i download it, i spend money behind internet, plus the electricity charges. So thats not free as well. All these companies have to do is compete with the pirates. As it is they are losing business to pirates, then why not just compete against them? MB did, so can the others! Is MB doing a work of charity?

But i m just wondering about 1 thing....on 1 side ppl are talking so much against piracy. Then why do we need higher & higher speed connections, with more & more liberal FUP limits? :S Just what does everyone want to download?

----------

Whereas i m still stuck at 50-60 KBytes/s plans!

But i m just wondering about 1 thing....on 1 side ppl are talking so much against piracy. Then why do we need higher & higher speed connections, with more & more liberal FUP limits? :S Just what does everyone want to download?

----------

Whereas i m still stuck at 50-60 KBytes/s plans!
they want to stream HD umm videos. .yes lets say normal HD videos