Some suggestions

• Thread starter Thread starter champ_rock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 6,718
ok it is not... let me check and get back to u. what setting do u want though?

Yeppers, just noticed it. YAY! Was abt to edit my post but darn, ur too quick for me.EDIT: Hmm, i think i now know why i sorta took a liking to the new s/w. I was just bored sick of the old interface. Needed a change, so yea....it's cool :l

Yesterday i edited all my past posts to fix broken links. Just adding procedure so other users can edit their own posts.

[*]Click on 'Search' link on top of the page and then click 'Advanced search'
[*]Then in 'Keywords' type 'broadbandforum.co'
[*]In 'User Name' type your Username
[*]Then select 'Show results as Posts'
[*]Then click 'Search Now'
[/list]
This will list all your posts where u made references to other posts as links. Now:

[*]Open each post and copy the broken link
[*]Open it in new browser window but change broadbandforum.co to beta.broadbandforum.co
This will open the post/topic from old IPB forum.
[*]Now find same post in this new vbulletin forum. Note down thread and post number (from link URL on top right of each post)
[*]Go back to your broken link post and edit it.

[*]For post reference, new link shud be written as
[noparse][post]postno[/post][/noparse]
for thread reference, new link shud be
[noparse][thread]threadno[/thread][/noparse]

This way if in future forum software is changed again and new software recognises post and thread tags it wud also automatically change links and we wud not have this problem again. This is also recommended way for any links referring to post in this same forum.

[*]You may also want to leave old link but just change link to point to beta.broadbandforum.co instead of broadbandforum.co
[/list]

Hope it helps.

in the e-mail notification for new post notification we get 2 types of links:1) on top we have link to the thread above post content2) at bottom of mail just after post content we get "Unsubscription information". there are 2 links 1 to "unsubscribe from thread" and 1 to view current subscriptions.the problem is link to "unsubscribe from thread" directly unsubscribes from thread without confirming like "are u sure" if clicked accidentally and earlier in IPB the link to thread was given below the post content. so now out of habit i always click link after the post content and i get unsubscribed accidentally (happened 4-5 times).is it possible to give just the "view current subscriptions" link. person can unsubscribe from that page anyway if he wishes to.

Hi Sushubh,1)I find the advertisement in between the message is not okay, Though it is good place to catch anyone's attention. Can we not push it to the top or some corners ??2)Also the page loading time is increased. Now it takes close to 10 seconds to open any message from my firefox brower. The forum message board should openup fast.these are some of my suggestions.S