• Thread starter Thread starter ganesh177
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 6,075

ganesh177

Regulars
ISP
BSNL broadband
Some set of site do open, while some dont for particular set of dns. Again if i change dns, then that sites wud open, but then some other wont open, or the messenger wont login. I tried different set of open dns ...208.67.222.222208.67.220.2204.2.2.14.2.2.24.2.2.34.2.2.4But the same problem persists. Is there a solution where all sites and messenges wud open without any problem.Thank-you

are you on windows? then try running "ipconfig /flushdns" in a command prompt...

@ essbebe, No i have not used it before. Are you proposing for me to use it ?

@ Angad ...
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/7420/snrls9.jpg

@ vishal, I just did that, will let you know later if that helped.

SNR is too low while Annutation is too high

Get your lines checked, Use Splitter before router and disconnect other phones on line (use only one phone after splitter)

Here is ideal SNR ratio - http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6691/adslhf5.jpg

is it just "SNR" or "SNR margin"... meaning he has extra 7-8 dB for download/upload...?

Friends i am posting my adsl details , plz check it and say whether my line is good . plz

see your "attainable rate" and "rate" items, they say it all 😀

see your "attainable rate" and "rate" items, they say it all 😀

Sorry plz explain it .

Guys for me those are not snr margin, those are line attenuations. Accordning to the info found here on other thread.
My values are ...
DS attenuation - 25 (Excellent)
US attenuation - 14 (Outstanding)

Line Attenuation
In gerneral, attenuation is the loss of signal over distance. Unfortunately, dB loss is not just dependent on distance. It also depends on cable type and gauge (which can differ over the length of the cable), the number and location other connection points on the cable.

* 20bB. and below = Outstanding
* 20dB-30dB. = Excellent
* 30dB-40dB. = Very Good
* 40dB-50dB. = Good
* 50dB-60dB. = Poor and may experience connectivity issues
* 60dB. and above = Bad and will experience connectivity issues

@ ganesh177Why don't you try to change your MTU settings?@ KevinTry changin mod. to G.Dmt as it is stable and you might get better readings.Regards,

Someone suggested to use splitter. I was already using it.Also my attenuation values are fair enough.DS attenuation - 25 (Excellent)US attenuation - 14 (Outstanding).Guys i have still got the same problem.:huh: Any better solutions please.