• Thread starter Thread starter Tejas01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 13,231

Tejas01

Dream big in life.
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
After much dilly-dallying, I finally decided to opt for an Airtel Xstream fiber connection. I have some queries and would be glad if existing fiber users could help me with these.

1. I will be going for Ru799 plan initially for 3 months to avail the free installation cost. So after expiry of this 3 month period, will the next recharge be again for 3 months? Can I get it changed back to one month rental after some period like 6 months or so?
2. Can anyone tell the installation procedure? Also Initial payment should be done before or after installation.
3. Payment should be made in cash or online payment?
4. How to ensure that the cable they are setting up is fiber only and not copper. I have heard that Airtel is very notorious into tricking users. In case if they are not giving fiber do I have the right to refuse the connection? Will there be any penalties levied?
5. I know this depends on feasibility but do we get an option to select which CPE we want- Huawei or Nokia.

Thank you for reading this..

I am assuming that users would have been asked for a NOC from chairman incase installation is in a society. My dad is the chairman and while he has no objection to underground cabling, he wants to be shown how exactly the fiber will enter the societal premises so that other members do not make a fuss about it.
Who addresses these concerns? Sales team or technical team?

Upvote 0
Sales team. The guy who will come for documents will do that

Upvote 0
Airtel will lay down fiber in your society just to serve your connection? I wonder if airtel does that. I have a 12 years old vdsl connection and have been asking them since a long time to upgrade it to fiber but they are not doing it since fiber is not laid in my society.
I am assuming that users would have been asked for a NOC from chairman incase installation is in a society. My dad is the chairman and while he has no objection to underground cabling, he wants to be shown how exactly the fiber will enter the societal premises so that other members do not make a fuss about it.
Who addresses these concerns? Sales team or technical team?

Upvote 0
@Rockybhai They have just taken my address and told me fiber is available at my pincode. No mention of location/building. Even I am unsure how this will proceed. I am assuming that other people in my pincode would have applied for it to make it feasible for Airtel to lay fiber upto a common point. But still keeping my fingers crossed..

Upvote 0
@Tejas01 it all depends on the sales guy now. If you get enough numbers in building he'll gladly install. But he may not take the effort for just you. Sales guys want to push numbers however they can but won't do too much for just one connection.

Upvote 0
Agreed. The problem is that most customers have already migrated to cable net since lock down. My cousin who first proposed this idea of getting Airtel also switched to cable net. Sometimes company needs to take initiative/risk to get people on board. The more they delay, the more they will lose customers.

For instance, There was no such demand for Airtel payments bank. Airtel created the bank and ask people to avail their services which later on grew in size. There is an equal potential for fiber net too.

Upvote 0
Is there a way where I can escalate the matter beyond the nodal team? I already consulted with the nodal team and I sought of got the same reply that feasibility needs to be conducted.
I want to keep the higher authority in loop as to what the nodal guys are saying. I know it won't help much but what goes in trying.

Upvote 0
Open the html code using inspect element and search for "fieldset" in the code. There would be two instances of it. Delete both of these attributes and you should be able to change the settings.
are you sure you were able to edit the wan settings? or u were only able to delete it rather than changing it? as for me after clicking save it return to same page without changing anything.

Upvote 0
I didn't try changing the WAN settings, To use it in bridge mode, I deleted the PPPoE WAN profile by modifying the HTML attributes and changed LAN port 4's mode from route to bridge.

Upvote 0