Some queries regarding Excitel router/ONT?

• Thread starter Thread starter akashk07
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 5,640
ISP
Excitel
Hey all,
So I got a new Excitel connection and they provided me the PPC 2K15X ONT/router.
It has a USB port but I can't find any setting in the router admin pannel to access the plugged USB device or the FTP.
How can I access my USB drive after connecting to the router? or this is a complete useless port?
Also, I'm unable to find the way to disable the 3rd and intrusive www.excitel.net SSID. can someone please assist me?
I have read that we can't change DNS in Excitel, any way to bypass this limitation?
Can I use my another router with this router to extend the range?
I can't find any port forwarding option, isn't it available?
And lastly, is there any way to install/flash any other router OS like OpenWRT on this or any way to root this?
I'll really be very thankful for the help.

no to all. Welcome to a really happy family of excitel by the way. 🙂

@Lolita_Magnum
Really?
Is the answer really know for all of the questions?
So, what's the use of the USB port then?
And How are people happy in this Excitel community then? I hope it is a sarcasm. Have I done a mistake by opting for Excitel? 😔😟🥺

Depends on location, but mostly excitel is shit. Excitel is good for consistent speeds(acc to me).

there is a group on telegram, in that group one guy wrote tutorial to remove that ssid. @Sushubh please help him with group link.

it's basically using inspect element in browser to change the html code of the page to enable the disable feature for the ssid they force on their wifi devices. it works on some models.

the only telegram i know of is
Source