Some confusion about Home 500 C+

• Thread starter Thread starter grizz46
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,705

grizz46

ISP
BSNL
Hello Everybody! I'm new here on this forum and new to bsnl broadband too. So i had a few confusions in my mind.I have opted for home 500 C+ which has a cap of 2.5 GB / month with upto 2 mbps connectivity. There is night unlimited from 2 - 8 as per bsnl. Now my real question.. Do i have to log out before 2 AM and re-login after 2 AM and log out before 8 AM to get unlimited usage at night ? or is it just ok if i always remain logged in and it will automatically consider those free hours ?Please try to clear my doubts.. i'm really confused 😕Thanx a lot..

Better to disconnect around 1.55 am and reconnect at 0205 AM. Again disconnect at 0755 AM.

You don't have to do anything for enabling you unlimited time. You will automatically be given the unlimited usage privilege between 2 AM and 8AM everyday.If you are downloading some file which was started before 2 AM and has continued even after 2 AM you will not be charged the amount downloaded after 2 AM automatically.So basically you just have to sit back and enjoy your surfing! 🙂

Better to be on the safe side by logging after 2 am and disconnecting before 8 am. Also, keep in mind to sync the bsnl server time with the system clock to avoid any probs later...Better to be safe than sorry...🙂

Yes true guys.. better to be safe. After all its 'sarkari' 😛 ..But from bsnl's side it means that i can remain connected for 24 hrs and only the data transferred between 2 - 8 AM will be discounted from my usage.. am i right ? and it is our opinion to connect n disconnect between 2 - 8 just to b safe is it ..And thanx guys, really appreciate it.. u people are truly helpful

many users reported that bsnl charge for such downloads which begin before 2AM & continued after 2AM.the charge will not be as much as it would had been if you downloaded in day time but some charge will still be there & that's why to be safe start at 2:05AM.after all it is a govt. organization & we are living in India.

But from bsnl's side it means that i can remain connected for 24 hrs and only the data transferred between 2 - 8 AM will be discounted from my usage.. am i right ?

Yes Right!

Better to be on the safe side by logging after 2 am and disconnecting before 8 am. Also, keep in mind to sync the bsnl server time with the system clock to avoid any probs later...Better to be safe than sorry...🙂

so where can I check the BSNL server time? any ideas as to which time I have to sync it to? point me somewhere please 😛

just connect at any time say 10:00 and check your local system time.Now disconnect after say 1 or 2 minutes and record the system time which will be 10:02.Then after some 15 minutes or so check in the portal what time was logged.IF it shows you connecting at 10:05 and disconnecting at 10:07 ....it means you will need to set your local time to 5 min ahead.thats it..

You can check BSNL time by dialing 178. this facility is available in most of the exchange. in your area the number may be different, check bsnl directory for exact number.