Solved: Laptop 50-60k | Macbook Air M1

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 9,856
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
This is primarily for work from home. Work doesn't require any intensive computing power as such. But I'd love to carry it to cafes.

Requirements:

• Durable
  • Lightweight
  • Decent battery backup
  • 14”
  • Not a fan of antiglare screens

I was thinking about using it for video processing occasionally (1080p, basic editing with color grading at max). And I actually was considering getting an M1 MacBook, but then I'm not sure if I wanna use it for day to day work.

Solution
M1 is great. Except that you would have to find a solution for low storage. Cloud Storage might be an option but not an elegant one.
I am also thinking of buying M1 MacBook Air but one thing that stopping me from buying this one is what will happen after 1 year if it becomes faulty. I know Apple care plus but it is too expensive I can not spend extra money other than the laptop. Currently I am using iPad 6th gen bought in 2019 it is working like the day 1 I bought it till now. I haven’t faced a single problem on this, battery backup is still like new 12hrs. So can you suggest me what shall I do?

Upvote 0
Not only AppleCare+ costs a bomb, you pay for the service costs for the repairs. That's absurd to say the least.

This is something where you have to make a call. I have come across third party insurances (7k for a year), and 2 years extended warranty for 8k, but have read negative reviews about the time they take to honour the warranty and repairs. It's a gamble, really.

Upvote 0
@Samuel yes after buying such an expensive product I can’t spend anymore money and that is the negative of this laptop. Are these machines not reliable my iPad is performing like the day 1, I have seen many videos but I have this doubt don’t know what to do. What have you done have you got the Apple care plus?

Upvote 0
Update

I am getting about 7 hours of screen-on time with 30% battery left.

Usage includes:

• Browsing, YouTube (1440p) on Safari, Spotify, Telegram and WhatsApp
  • Premier Pro (1 hour with 2-3 renders (under 1 minute 1080p videos) and Photoshop (just for a few edits, nothing extensive)
  • Powerpoint and basic word processing with OneDrive sync on

Source

Upvote 0
I have been noticing that my battery backup has been a little towards the weak side, as I've been doing a 30-80% recharge cycle. My usage is pretty simple, web browsing, YouTube, document processing and occasional video editing. To be certain, I decided to check my battery status using Coconut Battery, and it gave me a visual representation of how my notebook's battery is doing against others. Here it is:

Source

Not gonna lie, it did worry me a bit.

Post this realization, I did a full 100% charge and have been using it like I normally do. To my surprise the battery capacity went up to 97%

Source

Source

Here's the status right now in terms of screen usage (8 hours with 50% charge left):

Source

This maybe due to Apple's battery management system. But I noticed a lot of people complaining about it, so thought to dig deeper. In any-case if the battery capacity falls below 80% within 1 year of purchase, Apple replaces it free of cost, if I am not wrong.

Upvote 0
I need a fast charger to charge two devices:

1. Macbook M1
2. Wirelessly charge a mobile phone

P.s The only cables I have right now are USB-C

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Are you looking for a single device to charge both?
1. Moto's PD I got with Moto Edge device supports charging Mac since it's usbc-usbc. It supports 30W charging.

Upvote 0
Yes, single charger to charge both devices. Capacity 45 W or above.

I don't think there are many options available with two USB-C ports.

Upvote 0
best would be to test the shit out of it in initial days and if it does not work as expected, go through the two replacement than argue for refund nonsense with Amazon support.

check with your friend if he can get a usb hub as well. they are quite cheap on amazon.com.

Last edited:
Upvote 0