Solved: Laptop 50-60k | Macbook Air M1

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 9,857
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
This is primarily for work from home. Work doesn't require any intensive computing power as such. But I'd love to carry it to cafes.

Requirements:

• Durable
  • Lightweight
  • Decent battery backup
  • 14”
  • Not a fan of antiglare screens

I was thinking about using it for video processing occasionally (1080p, basic editing with color grading at max). And I actually was considering getting an M1 MacBook, but then I'm not sure if I wanna use it for day to day work.

Solution
M1 is great. Except that you would have to find a solution for low storage. Cloud Storage might be an option but not an elegant one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is the M1 upgradable by any means? The price difference between 256gb and 512gb is very high. Perhaps you could get your own ssd provided its not soldered.

Upvote 0
One of my contacts is returning from the US, is there any major benefit of buying it from there?

The price seems comparable after availing offers and discounts in India.

In the US - $1000 and $1250.

Upvote 0
I had bought an Apple refurbished one in April last year for about 75k in the UK so 84k is a good price

although I could never get used to Mac OS so ended up selling it

if you can get from the US, you can get something like this and save money -

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Croma is offering M1 MacBook Air 2020 base model 8/256 GB for INR 83,900.

If you avail the student discount, the effective price is INR 81k (80,8231) (13% off on MRP). Age of student 18+, valid ID required.

You can avail an additional 6k cashback on SBI credit cards and it will get credited within 3 months of purchase.

Following are the on-going offers:

Apple Macbook T&C Jan - March 2022
Period: 1st Jan – 31st March 2022
Applicable Cards & Scheme: SBI credit card, Kotak bank credit card & ICICI bank credit card EMI Transactions only
Upto Rs. 10,000 cashback is applicable on card EMI transactions
No cost EMI on 6/9/12 months tenure on SBI credit card, Kotak bank credit card & ICICI bank credit card EMI Transactions only

Source

Upvote 0