Software updating Started to Activate LAN port and USB

• Thread starter Thread starter oneon1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 12,595

oneon1

ISP
DataOne
There will be a Software update in phased manner, starting today, which will activate the LAN and USB port on the STB.

Any idea what will be the use of usb?

Any one received the s/w update and now able to use the USB???

----------

With USB you be able to connect the USB drives (Pen Drive/HDD) and play on TV....

well i recieved a Credit of Rs.100 in my account toward Ethernet Connection I saw it in the alert also and reconfirmed it in mytatasky account online it says "CREDIT TOWARD ETHERNET CONNECTION Rs.100 (CR)."I dont know for what they gave me Rs.100 but as far as SW update concern not received the update yet.

my friend has an Tata Sky and he wanted to see some movie ..so i gave it in pendrive...hoping that he'll be able to use it on STB ..but upon calling CC they told not to insert the pendrive on usb port of STB :/

I haven't received the s/w update nor credit. However, I found an optional pack called "Download Bonanza Pack" for Rs 49/month in my account online. It is not listed in the Tata Sky website yet.If this is the pack to use the ethernet connection, you may get a 2 month activation with your Rs 100 credit. You may want to call CC to know.

On call with a Tata Sky rep right now, as per him the Download Bonanza Pack is for usage towards Active Mall, though he has no idea what is the "Ethernet Credit for, he connected me to the sales guy, who too was clueless, and then connected me to the tatasky helpline IVR main menu.

Some one share the good news asap 🙁 Waiting for the new charisma :001tt1:

we would be able to stream the recorded videos on our DTH Box via internet when ethernet is activated.not sure about the USB thing.

Ethernet port seems to be getting activated for the Video On Demand service which is currently on trial by TS. By Plugging in the ethernet cable, you should be able to download movies directly to your STB.

Seems this information is either false or wrong. Its a whole month passed but there is no update happened which can activate LAN port or USB. Anyways....lets wait for official information on that "Download Bonanza pack"

I received Ethernet credit Rs.100 in my account today evening.

I got my the service enable now but didn't get any credit as such 🙁