• Thread starter Thread starter 123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2,154
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISP
don't know
hi, a friend of mine picked up a new laptop and also a reliance internet connection. she asked me for some help setting up the laptop regarding installing a browser, firewall, antivirus etc. now, for an internet connection, she's got this modem - zte mg880 ZTEMT-Products & Solutions so after doing everything, i connected to the internet to set up firewall permissions for various programs i noticed that nothing was showing up in the firewall, there were no packets blocked or sent or whatever. this was with the first firewall (looknstop), then i installed zonealarm free, but still it wasn't picking up anything. i went to grc.com and the laptop failed the shields-up test. i think that i've done everything correctly and the firewall should definitely work, so why did it fail the shields-up test? i checked my ip address online and it showed that my location was in bombay, but i'm in bangalore. maybe the shields-up test results are related to the bombay ip address and not the actual ip address of this computer? is this normal?

I am not sure what is the reason behind the issues that you are seeing but generally software firewalls are not exactly a good security tools. There is a good reason why enterprise customers generally don't trust/use software firewalls.If you do believe that you need a firewall then go for a router with inbuilt firewall but that can't be used with a Reliance netconnect USB modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.