• Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,477

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have been looking for a service like this for years now. A service that can sync data with online services like Flickr using a simple folder type structure.

Invite only. Looking for people to signup so that I can get in faster! Click here!

SocialFolders enables you to connect to your social networks, photo web apps, and file sharing sites directly from your Windows™ File Explorer.

With SocialFolders, get your files back onto your computer, without having to download them manually. And drag and drop is all it takes to upload them or to copy them across websites!

ok. i am using this app right now and it is spectacular.

i am personally using it for flickr but it does handle a couple of other services:

Flickr (Upload/Download)
Box (Upload/Download)
Facebook (Upload/Download)
Google Docs (Upload/Download)
Instagram (Download)
Photobucket (Upload/Download)
Picasa (Upload/Download)
YouTube (Upload)

If you use any of these services for file/photo storage, give it a try.

SocialFolders.me: Definitely the smoothest way to backup your Flickr photos!

1.0.2: Auto-update and super large downloads! - SocialFolders

I have been using this update since Saturday. Working well for me.

Seems its no more invite only. Will start using once I go home!

Is it available for Linux? I m not able to check out thru cell ryt now.

I want to know this thing about the softwares being available on Mac & Windows, and not Linux.....is it that its that tough to write codes for it, or that its not much popular in Linux users?

linux users mostly have existing solutions that provide similar functionality for free. so most developers do not see the point of catering to linux users who are usually unlikely to pay for such apps.

linux users mostly have existing solutions that provide similar functionality for free. so most developers do not see the point of catering to linux users who are usually unlikely to pay for such apps.

I dont know why i didnt ask this when u gave this reply.......so are u aware of any such similar utility for Linux? I can atleast backup my family pics & videos over there. I just cant lose that stuff.

picasa is available for linux to upload to picasa web. kflickr and tons of apps available to upload on flickr. both of these services also allow uploading from the browser.

Socialfolders is shutting down. Just got the following mail.

It's time to say goodbye

Dear SocialFolders user,

For the past 3 years we have attempted to ease the way people upload and backup the photos, sounds and videos of their online services. It has been an exciting journey, which unfortunately comes to an end.

While many people are still actively using the service, and some new ones sign up every day, we haven't been able to make a viable business out of it. More funding would be needed to maintain existing channels, develop new ones and provide the support which you are entitled to receive as a user. We keep dozens of millions of files in sync; there is an infrastructure cost to it which we cannot cover anymore.

As a result, we are stopping the service today. Your files won't be synchronized between your hard drive and your online accounts anymore. Of course the local versions of your files won't be affected by this operation. You can save them in another location of your hard drive, or on an external storage.

If you are a paying user, in order to get a refund please email help@socialfolders.me within the next 30 days. Monthly subscriptions will be totally refunded for the current month. If you are on a yearly plan, we will refund the period remaining until the next anniversary date of your subscription.

We may resume some aspects of the service in the future, as additional features of ftopia, our main project. If we manage to do so, we will let you know by email. If you don't want to receive any further communication from us, please unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of this email. Your email address will never be given nor sold to anyone and it will be used for the sole purpose of letting you know about an alternative service that we might build.

Apart from your email address, be assured that we don't keep any of your data on our servers. Moreover, the information used to connect SocialFolders to your other online accounts will be permanently deleted from our system.

If you are looking for a replacement, you might want to have a look at Otixo. While this is not exactly the same service as SocialFolders, there is an overlap and it offers some pretty cool features.

Thank you again for your interest and support. Please contact us, if you have any questions or comments. We'll still be around and we'll be happy to answer.

Kind regards,
PhilH.