So, how hot is it at your place?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 195
  • Views Views 27,004
Lol 20hr AC?24c room temp here in my home without any freaking air-conditioner! I have found that setting cieling fan speed to 25% really reduces temps instead of 100% (where it boils to 32c). Seriously I love my house!

With the kind of humidity here in Calcutta, it's near impossible to stay without the AC (during the nights, at least).
My (summer) bills are around 4-5K as well.

I have seen a lot of online sources spelling Ahmedabad as Ahmadabad. I never get it.

For that I have sent few emails to accuweather to change the name to Ahmedabad with proper sources of encyclopedia, city council letters & maps.The reason I contacted them is because I am kind of overly proud of the city therefore can't stand the incorrect name. And few of my friends complained that they can't find the city in AW. So I thought that it's impossible but then I found out that they had the city listed as "Ahmadabad". Hence my friends correct keyword gave them no result.
So after messaging them back & forth, I got the reply which is mentioned below & solved the problem partially.
Hello,We have researched your request to change the spelling of Ahmedabad on AccuWeather.com. According to our source, the correct spelling for it is Ahmadābād, however, the English spelling for it is Ahmedabad. We have added Ahmedabad as an Alias, so it will come up with either spelling when searched for on AccuWeather.com. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Thank you,Emilie MarshClient Support
I left it at here. Didn't asked them any further of their "source". I wonder what that would be? 😀

Hardik7 said:
For that I have sent few emails to accuweather to change the name to Ahmedabad with proper sources of encyclopedia, city council letters & maps.The reason I contacted them is because I am kind of overly proud of the city therefore can't stand the incorrect name. And few of my friends complained that they can't find the city in AW. So I thought that it's impossible but then I found out that they had the city listed as "Ahmadabad". Hence my friends correct keyword gave them no result.
So after messaging them back & forth, I got the reply which is mentioned below & solved the problem partially.

I left it at here. Didn't asked them any further of their "source". I wonder what that would be? 😀
Most of the organisations rely on documents from The Survey of India.