So... An Airtel Broadband plan that is worth getting for backup?

Sushubh

Administrator
I am currently on the 30GB 4mbps plan on BSNL which costs me around 1600 bucks I guess. 1445+taxes... BSNL starting random redirections mean that it is time to say adios. Quality of service is shit. Though I guess Airtel has gained some new nuisance like mandatory buying of router from them and so on... Ideas?

iChaitanya

Nope, you can buy your own WiFi router. airtel uptime has been too good lately. Not a single downtime incident in months. But I guess that's the effect of my email to their CEO. airtel is not bad actually. You need to make a deal with the devil if you want uninterrupted service. I say get airtel 30GB plan just for browsing and use RCOM for downloading. Works out well for me.

Sushubh

Administrator
Airtel has been forcing their own shitty hardware on new subscribers lately. Several folks have reported this nonsense on the forum.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Are you sure it is mandatory ? How much Airtel charge for their router ? Tell them you already have an equipment. Must be a sales guy's trick to sell modem as well.

Sushubh

Administrator
The plan I applied for came with free router. I would have to return it if I disconnect or select a plan cheaper than 1299 bucks per month.

KurianOfBorg

That is definitely a retention plan so does not apply here.
You said you were going to request disconnection in 1 month.
Edit: Oh that was some other thread. If it's just a backup line like mine, then might as well request disconnection and get a retention plan.