• Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,156

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have already seen it happen with other operators. This is the first time I got a call myself from Airtel guys. The guy was confusing as expected. Told me that my number was resubmitted to DND which is absurd, because my number was NEVER TAKEN OUT OF DNS. Told me that the process would take around a week and I might get spam sms during the period. He wants me to believe that spam sms would magically disappear if my number is in DND which incidentally it has been in for years now. Anyone else here on Airtel got such a call yet?

i really do not understand this, how can this happen on its own, i mean u have number registerd in DND, u complaint for spam and suddenly they tell ur number is out of DND. i think airtel employees, do make up stories just because to cover up their inefficiencies , and i believe that atleast a lower level of full team is involved in it , including the team supervisor.

lol. my number was definitely not out of DND. i am sure i would have received a confirmation text from 1909 about the removal. i just retried submitting my number to 1909 and was told that all options are already enabled on my number. i am just not amused that i would have to deal with a phone call about my complaints filed with 1909. just like others have reported on the forum. i disconnected the call when i got it earlier today because i was sleeping and he was just too annoying to handle while i was half asleep. and now he called up again and wasted 5 minutes of my time. i am not sure if TRAI has made a ruling enforcing telecom operators to call their customers about spam text reporting. pretty absurd.

jdeepak would have to add send an email functionality in his spam sms reporting app . idea man told me if i dont want to get calls regarding complaints then i will have to email the complaints , lets approach @jdeepak.

that looks like a strategy aimed at stopping people from reporting spam texts. where do you send emails anyways? to idea or some trai email address?

i have not tried sending emails yet ...........how am i supposed to send emails ??? if i have to write an sms with this shitty format, i never was able to get my complaint registerd ever before. its only due to the app , i was able to do it successfully . so only an app with emailing capability can help me. btw next time i would press hard on them for emailing me about the progress and also might ask the email for reporting.

that looks like a strategy aimed at stopping people from reporting spam texts. where do you send emails anyways? to idea or some trai email address?

exactly my thoughts few minutes before.............u have got a conspiracy theorists mind as well.:thumbup:

next time you get the call, ask them details about how to report text spam using email. and also ask them what trai regulation forces them to call you about text spam reporting using texts.

Got my third call of the day. Dude kept on repeating the same bullshit I got earlier. These calls are well more annoying than the spam texts I get on my phone. Horrible how our telecom operators can turn a problem into an even bigger problem.

lol. i just reported these calls from airtel as spam. 😀 i call it #callception!