SNR Margin & Line Attenuation Rate - What does your stats mean.

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 26,446
My stats
Vsc6l14_d.jpg

@ansaf can you say what is the attainable rate value on modem statistics page.
one more, you said the exchange is 1.5 km from your premise but your attenuation is way higher than that.50 attenuation means the exchange is approx: 3.5 km away.

@ansaf can you say what is the attainable rate value on modem statistics page.
one more, you said the exchange is 1.5 km from your premise but your attenuation is way higher than that.50 attenuation means the exchange is approx: 3.5 km away.

No sir, the exchange is maximum 1.5km or can 2 km. But there are about 3 joints in the bsnl round cable which is coming to my home. Is this the problem. I am sharing my adsl status.

IMG_20180913_224759.jpg

@ansaf
Bro, while posting this screenshot were you geeting 4+ mbps speed?

now attenuation ,SNR, download speed rate all are related.
when attenuation is lower value it shows the user is close to the exchange so SNR value will go high , higher SNR value will give more speed.

so before 1 month how was your attenuation rate. was it the same or a different value. attenuation can increase because of problem with line. if you are 2km from exchange (now that does not mean cable is 2km long they can increase due to the path it takes underground) then attenuation should have been below 35dB.

if possible ask them to check your line and see if there is any fault like noise or leakage or rusting in vertical or anything like that.
hope it helps you. and good luck

are you on a 10 mbps plan?? or is it that you are only getting 10 mbps for the promised 20 mbps as per your plan?

Hi, Ink, how do we know that the modem is not spoiling all the rates like snr attenuation etc, if it does not work correctly? I think that wwe must learn to produce out own modem to maintain these rates. We are residing at the same place, the telephone wire condition is the same for all days unless of course you ask them to change. That is also up to the house near post, where line to your connection with the dslam, or exchange starts.
Barring all the other things like roadways disturbances and underground cable connections all are the same each and every day.But our snr rates fluctuates drastically during times on the same day, there by affecting your speed.
So, i think that there is much more factors involved in the snr rate?
Would it be servers capacity at the main place? So many persons would have opted different plans and the load the users give to the server capacity etc.. may also changes our rate , i think so,
Experts give your opinion on this.
I am tired after exhausting all possible ways to maintain the speed and snr rate

I get a 15-20 % improvement in SNR during nighttime ! Errors reduce to almost zero ! Theres a lot of Noise during the day !

Is the statistics show anything wrong
Attenuation Down Stream 30 Attenuation Up Stream 19 SNR Margin Down Stream 6.2 SNR Margin Up Stream 20.7
i noticed that snr margin of downstream or download is 6.2, where as that of upstream is 20.7. What it denotes.
are tge readings correct?

Get your line rate reduced to 8k. Or choose “ g.992.1 / g.dmt only “ modulation.

Hello I am getting daily 0.78 mbps poor speed on 5GB/Day plan (ULD 675), BSNL officer said this is how much you can get. 3 weeks before I was getting 3-4 mbps in the day. Please HELP!

1rOOxen.png

@doctorjain was your SNR margin same as in the screenshot 3 weeks ago.?for the attenuation rates the value should have been higher.and also noticed the attainable rate is roughly 1 mbps.may be they decreased the value in their end.
the people working there at the exchange are not educated to answer the questions we ask 🙁 .one thing to do is to check your line for any faults.check if the line is free from disturbances. or else use twitter to raise a complaint.

Guys , what is the max bandwidth that i can get with the below setup . i am on 12 GB daily and 10 Mbps plan. Exchange says i can never get 10 mbps and asked me to look out for private ISP. 🙁

1591432266981.webp

1591432623185.webp