SNR Margin & Line Attenuation Rate - What does your stats mean.

• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 26,522
Went to the Local Exchange, an employee TTA (?) told me its because i have exhausted 10 GB as per the 675 plan,which was irrelevant because i got Happy Browsing offer. When i told him that even before i finished my 10 GB it was the same slow speed, sent me to his colleague, who told me that it was because my Plan was very small/low and told me if i subscribed to the 999 Plan it will be resolved because there are other subscribers near me who subscribe the 999 plan and there are no complaints from them. I asked them if i cannot get 2-3 mbps now, how will a plan change help me, the reply was, Higher the subscription value, higher the speed. BSNL Logic

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (0.1dB): 83 106
Attenuation (0.1dB): 355 255
Output Power (dBm): 17.0 10.5
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 800 696
Rate (Kbps): 620 636
D (interleave depth): 4 4
Delay (msec): 11.55 11.09

These are my 192.XXX.X.X stats as of now

@PhilipTombing your issue is with the line you have.
Ask them specifically for "line change"
Also do no talk to them about speed but tell them that SNR is low for you and DSL is not stable. That would give them idea of changing pair given to you.

How far are you from BSNL exchange?

your rates are too slow and it dont justify the answers given by BSNL people. The workers there are like this, they wont give proper answers. if you had told them about happy browsing they would have told ,they have not heard anything like that.
like @Rajneesh Rana said tell them your snr vale is low and have frequent disconnection. then they might look furthur into it.

remember, once you get an issue you may have to follow up on the situation for a long time.keep enquiring about this issue till they are forced to find a solution.

use twitter to register a complaint too. tell your issue through their pages too

bro what
@PhilipTombing your issue is on exchange end.
The line rate for you is just over 1Mbps and this is the reason for such slow speeds.
Talk to your local JTO and ask them to update your port speed on exchange end.
Also try and see if you can get a line change to improve values for SNR
bro what is line change , is it done from exchange side ?

@invisible007 the connection that comes from exchange to subscribers home is the line or pair. sometimes these pair can get damaged causing drop in SNR values. so they take a new pair for your connection and use them to provide the connection. i had this done a couple of times.

my line rate is 24db , and line attenuation at 17.6 , my speed is limited at 9996kbps download, 494kbps upload, i am using plan 491 (20Mbps max) , whom should i contact to increase my download speed , requesting them in twitter is enough?

@kklkanna Contact JTO (Jr. Technical Officer) at your local exchange. But remember your plan comes with the disclaimer "subject to technical feasibility". So there's a chance your speed might not reach anywhere near 20 Mbps but they can try and increase it a bit provided it doesn't hamper stability of your connection.

i want to clarify another thing, whats the dsl path mode by default, its "fast" mode or "Interleave "

@Kalyan_1980 yes that will affect speed according to my experience. the fluctuation is too high. is your line clear, does it have noise ?? and what is your plan speed and what speed are you getting.