Snapdeal and Axis Bank access problems on Excitel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter angryduck
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,642
I switched to Excitel a few days ago. Overall it's quite good but having a really hard time with some websites.
For instance, Snapdeal just refuses to open most of the time. And when it does, I just can't get anywhere past the main page. Similarly with Axis net banking, I just can't get past the login page.

No such issues with those websites when I try with Vodafone or Jio 4G on the same browser/device

Don't think it's the router either as I reset all the changes I made (and tried with only the username and password)

The cable guy hasn't provided my Excitel login details yet. So I'm unable to contact the customer care at the moment

Anyone else facing similar issues?

Last edited:
Snapdeal and Amazon are not very smooth for me but I have not had issues with loading. Can't say about axis bank. Not a customer.

Have you tried setting custom DNS to something like Google's - 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - in your device's wifi settings?

@Sushubh Amazon has been sailing really smooth ever since I got the connection.

@vishalrao I just switched to Google DNS but again the same 😕

But what's interesting is that when I tried to browse with Tor just now, it worked like a charm. No issues at all. Does that mean Snapdeal is being blocked deliberately? or a technical glitch on your side @Excitel?

Last edited:
Did you reboot after changing DNS settings? (just in case)

Maybe the ad-injecting software of Excitel is still running (causing the glitches) and yet to be removed?

Hi, @angryduck.
We're glad to have you with us. I'll respond to your issues one by one:

I switched to Excitel a few days ago. Overall it's quite good but having a really hard time with some websites.
For instance, Snapdeal just refuses to open most of the time. And when it does, I just can't get anywhere past the main page. Similarly with Axis net banking, I just can't get past the login page.

Are you still facing this issue? I checked and the SnapDeal website opens fine. Which device are you trying to browse on? Would like you to elaborate a bit on the devices and the mode of connection (wireless/wired) etc that you're using.

The cable guy hasn't provided my Excitel login details yet. So I'm unable to contact the customer care at the moment

You can call our toll-free customer care no. (1-800-419-0616) with your Registered Mobile Number (RMN) and ask for your username and password and we would be happy to provide it to you.

But what's interesting is that when I tried to browse with Tor just now, it worked like a charm. No issues at all. Does that mean Snapdeal is being blocked deliberately? or a technical glitch on your side @Excitel?

No, the SnapDeal website is not blocked.

Thank you very much for the reply @Excitel

I did call that number before posting here. But the problem is that the cable buy had not registered my mobile number. So the customer care representative refused to help. Anyway, I received an SMS last night that my number been registered now.

And regarding the issue. Yes, it still persists across all devices unfortunately.

I have tried with my PC (running Ubuntu) connected through the ethernet cable. And also wireless-ly using a couple of Android devices. Identical results on all of them.

I primarily use Firefox. So just to make sure that my installed addons are not interfering, I downloaded bare-bones browser apps on my PC and Android. But still no luck.

It's worth mentioning that sometimes Snapdeal's main page opens up fine. But if I click on anything after that, it just doesn't open. Not even once so far.

Axis bank's login page opens properly every time. But after I enter the login details and click on the button, it never goes through.

PS - I just tried again with Jio 4G on one of my Android devices and everything works just fine. So I don't think my devices are the cause of this issue.

Last edited:
Hi again,

I would just like to report that this issue has finally been fixed. The cable guy was here this evening and apparently they were experimenting with some new connection which also caused a lot of trouble to other users in the vicinity.

But now everything works perfectly. You can consider this issue resolved @Excitel and thanks again for the prompt response!

Last edited:
Hi again,

I would just like to report that this issue has finally been fixed. The cable guy was here this evening and apparently they were experimenting with some new connection which also caused a lot of trouble to other users in the vicinity.

But now everything works perfectly. You can consider this issue resolved @Excitel and thanks again for the prompt response!

Oh,

I was just typing a response for your previous post. I think that it could help someone else in the future who may be affected by this kind of an issue, so I'll post it anyway:

If a particular website doesn't seem to be loading properly, this situation can be troubleshooted effectively, in the following way:

1) Open a new tab in the web browser (this example uses Google Chrome, although Firefox could also be utilized).
2) Press F12 to initiate the inspect element view.
3. Click on the "Network" tab in the overlay that shows up.
4) Enable the checkbox titled "Disable Cache".
5) Type the address of the website into the address bar and hit enter.
6) The page should start loading and you should see some requests showing up, line-by-line in the overlay.
7) Wait until the page loads completely, or until most of it has loaded (if you have already waited a lot in case of a page load problem).
8) Right click on the column header titled "Waterfall", hover over the "Waterfall" sub-menu and choose either "Total Duration" or "Latency".
9) Finally you can now sort the column by click on the header title "Waterfall" and sort the requests on the page by the time taken to complete them. Analyzing these should give some idea about what went wrong while loading the concerned page.

Hope that helps someone, sometime in the future!

Very useful information. Thanks @Excitel

Also, any reason why I was seeing "Tulip" as my ISP earlier? After the guy fixed the connection this evening, now I see Excitel. Is that normal? (I use the website ipleak.net to check it)

Was probably due to your local cable man giving Tulip isp's net on your pppoe ID. My local net guy also gave me a temp connection until he fixed a connection problem going on with the Verivoz connection that I'm using now. And maybe the reason why those sites didn't load up properly. Tulip is a good backup ISP but not for major use.