SMS to toll-free 1909 saying ‘START DND’‏

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 53,073

popcorn

ISP
Some company Broadband 50mbps + Jio Airfiber 30mbps
What is the National Do Not Call Registry? The NDNC Registry is a database having the list of all telephone numbers of the subscribers who do not want to receive UCC "Unsolicited Commercial Communication". Telephone subscriber (Landline or mobile) who does not wish to receive UCC, can register their telephone number with their telecom service provider for inclusion in the NDNC. Telecom Service Provider shall upload the telephone number to the NDNC within 45 days of receipt. The Telemarketer will have to verify their calling telephone numbers list with the NDNC registry before making a call.

What is the procedure for registering in National Do Not Call Registry?
You can register your number in NDNC registry by calling or sending SMS to toll-free 1909 saying ‘START DND’. The registration will become effective within 45 days from the date of registration.

Source:
http://ndncregistry.gov.in/ndncregistry/index.jsp

Q&A: The National Do Not Call Registry
1. What is UCC?
"Unsolicited Commercial Communication" means any message, through telecommunications service, which is transmitted for the purpose of informing about, or soliciting or promoting any commercial transaction in relation to goods, investments or services which a subscriber opts not to receive, but does not include, ----
(i) any message (other than promotional message) relating to a service or financial transaction under a specific contract between the parties to such contract; or
(ii) any messages relating to charities, national campaigns or natural calamities transmitted on the directions of the Government or agencies authorized by it for the said purpose;
(iii) any message transmitted, on the directions of the Government or any authority or agency authorized by it, in the interest of the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security of the State, friendly relations with foreign States, public order, decency or morality.

2. What is the National Do Not Call Registry?
The NDNC Registry is a database having the list of all telephone numbers of the subscribers who do not want to receive UCC. Telephone subscriber (Landline or mobile) who does not wish to receive UCC, can register their telephone number with their telecom service provider for inclusion in the NDNC. Telecom Service Provider shall upload the telephone number to the NDNC within 45 days of receipt. The Telemarketer will have to verify their calling telephone numbers list with the NDNC registry before making a call.
3. What is the procedure for registering in National Do Not Call Registry?
You can register your number in NDNC registry by calling or sending SMS to toll-free 1909 saying ‘START DND’. The registration will become effective within 45 days from the date of registration.
4. When can I file a do not call complaint and what details should be given in the complaint?
If your number has been on the National Do Not Call Registry for at least 45 days and you receive a call from a telemarketer, you can file a complaint within 15 days from the receipt of UCC Calls/SMS with full details to your service provider. The details must include the call originating number, date/time of the call and type of commercial message. The complainant should insist for the complaint No. which should be kept for further reference.

5. What happens to my complaint?
When you complaint to your service provider, it has to give you a complaint number for future reference. If the telemarketer belongs to its company it has to check whether the telemarketer is registered in NDNC Registry or not. After that he has to handle the complaint as per the UCC Regulation 2007 as amended from time to time.

6. How soon after I register will I notice a reduction in calls?
After 45 days from the date of registration.

7. What if I change my mind? Can I take my number off the National Do Not Call Registry?
You can de-register your phone number from NDNC by calling or sending SMS to toll-free 1909 saying ‘STOP DND‘. It will be removed from the National Do Not Call Registry within next 45 days.

8. If I register by phone, will I receive a confirmation?
Yes, you will get registration number from your service provider.

9. If I choose to register my phone number, how will that information be helpful for reducing UCC?
Your registered phone number is stored in the National Do Not Call Registry so that all telemarketers can remove your phone number from their call lists. Registered Telemarketers are required to scrub the callers

list with the registry and delete from their call lists phone numbers that are registered in the registry.

10. Can I register my cell phone on the National Do Not Call Registry?
Yes, you may place your cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. The registry has accepted cell phone numbers since it opened for registrations in Oct 2007.

11. Can I register all my family and friends?
One should register their telephone numbers with their Handset only.

12. I have more than three personal telephone numbers. How can I register all of those numbers?
You can register only one phone number each time you call the Service Provider, and you must call from the phone number you wish to register. You will receive a separate confirmation SMS/by call for each number you wish to register as per the case may be.

13. Can I register my business phone number?
The National Do Not Call Registry is open for all types of phones.

14. How long does my phone number stay registered?
Until the telephone number is disconnected or deregistered from the registry.

15. I moved and got a new phone number. Do I need to register the new number?
Yes.

16. Do I need to take my old phone number off the list when I get a new number?
Though, the service provider are required to remove the number from NDNC, after deactivation but it is preferable if you de-register your old number if you are changing it.

17. What happens if my phone number is disconnected and then reconnected?
If your number is disconnected and then reconnected, you may need to re-register.

18. My number is on the National Do Not Call Registry. After I bought something from a company, a telemarketer representing that organization called me. Is this a violation?
Even if your number is registered in NDNC registry, you can receive any message (other than promotional message) relating to a service or financial transaction under a specific contract between the parties to such contract.

19. I’m happy to have the choice to limit telemarketing contacts, but there are some telemarketing calls I don’t mind receiving. Is there a way to allow only certain companies to call?
No, Presently NDNC do not have a provision for selective telemarketing.

seems things have changed now...

awesome no tele marketing messages...after MNP from Voda to Airtel I was spammed by property messages and sauna belt messages everyday or even worse do mobile course :rofl:

SMS "START 0" to 1909 - fully block all advertisment messages.the above message without quotes.sms is free - toll free

i have done this...still dad gets 8 messages avg everyday....earlier it was intune of 18-20 messages! BUT tele marketing calls stopped! not even a single ****ing call!

after u send the sms... it takes 7 days to see the result.

hello everyone, first of all, thank you for sharing this with us popcorn. I was wandering if this registry is in the one place or at each operator separately?For instance, I have a business partner who is deep into marketing business and he wants to be sure that none of his messages go to people who are on the DND list. It's because he want's to be sure that he doesn't bother people with spam, and he also wants to save the money on messages that will not be delivered anyway. Will the providers or Telecom regulatory agency provide the registry to him if he asks for it?