SMS Spammers are now using International Numbers

• Thread starter Thread starter sachin_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 7,474

sachin_

ISP
BSNL
Recently I have started receiving Real Estate Spam SMS messages from the international numbers +44 series (total 11 digits).
When I make a complaint to 1909, they say it is not a valid number it should be a 10 digit number, how to report these numbers?
Also, after sending so much of SMS spam, Meena Bazaar now has started sending spam messages on my whatsapp.
How come these bad asses are so much ahead of every rule and regulations 🙁

Are you on Vodafone?

Since they are international, they cannot be reported. This is an effective way to spam while staying away from Indian laws and Operator's control. Best way is to use a call blocking app.

I have registered so many complaints for these international numbers but every time I get a reply that TRAI is looking into this.

Right. Even mom's phone on Vodafone has been receiving this international spam for the past couple of months. Sucks.

I am on Vodafone and facing same problem of spam from +44.
What is the best app to block all SMSs (or delete silently after receiving) where number starts from +44 ?

So lets do one think all file complain on pgportal and paste your complaint number here. I know someone in nodal and trai will forward it to them.
or email advqos@trai.gov.in and mark it as kind attn: Mr. Gupta.
Bombard them with emails. I know they take action. TRAI did act against my complaint for TATA.

Yes I also got spam via whats app and the number was really funny .. when I typed back it kept generating some codes giving reference numbers .. weird ..

Android users can use a very simple yet effective firewall which can block based on keywords, sender name/number etc

I was so fed up with voda sending me 3G Dhamaka and that ugly 0140xxxxx calls from 7 AM to anytime around 8PM, if i missed a call they increased frequency.
Afirewall kicks them all and silently. I almost forgot about it until recently I checked logs that Voda Still SPAMS
even on numbers with full DND activated. Thanks TRAI and Voda.

If you got calls from 140 numbers then you must have ported in vodafone.

Check your DND status on nccptrai.gov.in I am pretty sure it must be deactivated by your last provider