sms Blocker Optinno: Block SPAM SMS on your Android smartphone

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 6,026
i had a twitter conversation with the developers of this app. they are looking for feedback. android folks here might want to try this app out!

installing now... Let me see..I used to use SMS FILTER , but its removed now.Anyway be carefull in blocking the SMS , with LM as starting , many banks and even facebook sometimes use those tag to send sms . so if you use wildcards with LM or something , you might not get the important SMS.\Also the problem is these spamsters use multiple numbers. hard to ban them , unless a national level user feedback driver method is obatained , these spamster number are updated on daily basis , and database collected and rated according to no of people blocking the no.

this app lets you make a whitelist from your inbox. so if you already have enough messages in your inbox, you can easily whitelist most legit senders.and as you can see from the screenshot... it allows you to permanently blacklist a sender as soon you get a new sms from that sender. 😀 this is what i wanted and this app is delivering that finally.and you still get a muted alert on each blocked sms too. so that's good. you can quickly check all the blocked sms from a centralized panel.

pune based company ... good for indian customers. the layout looks good. and yes i like the idea. I haveto wait till the next spam sms.

https://twitter.com/#!/SagarBedmutha/

Here is the twitter id of the CEO of Optinno 😀 Direct feedback to the man!

he told me on twitter that they are planning to launch a paid version with more features and options. i would get it seriously if it keeps the control on spam. TRAI is hopeless. 😀

What we need is a subscribed block list like adblock plus wherein all known spam numbers etc. are mentioned and automatically blocked. I use Anti Spam SMS and it works pretty well.(not that it has that feature)

i tried anti spam sms in the past. did not work for me. that's why posted about this one. 🙂as for a centralized database... this can only happen once the app is popular enough and is used by a lot of people.

did you use it for long? What happened with me was initially i had to manually point out every spam sms but after a week or so it started blocking them on its own.

i could not even understand the settings on it. if it is the one i am thinking about right now 😕 the apps i tried had way too many settings to configure. this one turned out to be very simple.

https://twitter.com/#!/SagarBedmutha/

Here is the twitter id of the CEO of Optinno 😀 Direct feedback to the man!

he told me on twitter that they are planning to launch a paid version with more features and options. i would get it seriously if it keeps the control on spam. TRAI is hopeless. 😀

thanks , contacted him. and gave the idea. lets see..

well he should run his free app for sometime to people to get used to.

free app would of course continue. 😕 paid app can have more features. in case you have not noticed it right now, free one has ads on the notification window. not distracting though.

i tried anti spam sms in the past. did not work for me. that's why posted about this one. 🙂

as for a centralized database... this can only happen once the app is popular enough and is used by a lot of people.

true , but if it does have it at start , it would be easy to tell others to use too , showing that it has centralised databse of numbers. 😀

well there is always this thing about... one person's spam might not be other person's spam. 😀

looks like ichaitanya is also using this app. saw his review on the app store.