Smokers Lounge in Metropolitan Mall, Gurgaon

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 14,320
There is a Smokers Lounge in the Metropolitan Mall in Gurgaon. Few people would have seen it because its practically hidden and pretty worthless.

I checked the place out to see if I could light a cig there. Ok... The system they have in place in practically idiotic.

They would not allow you to bring in your own cigs to smoke.

They would not sell you a single cig to smoke.

The only way you can make use of their facilities is by purchasing a full package of cigs from their counter.

And they only sell the 20 cig packs.

Now. I would have purchased a 20 cig pack but the problem was that I was there to check out a movie at PVR and the people at PVR would have made me throw that package in the bin...

The first post on this forum started to help people discuss stuff they have experienced in their regular lives...

lolbut i dont think having a smokers lounge in a mall is a good idea.๐Ÿ˜•so sushubh, you smoke? its bad for your health!๐Ÿ™

having a smokers lounge in a mall is a very good idea.people are smokers. you cannot ignore that fact.and if you keep them in a confined space for a long time without giving them an outlet to smoke... they can become dangerous... i am pretty sure it can be considered a case of discremination if you do not provide a smokers region in your mall ๐Ÿ˜€ if not it should be.just give them a seperate place to chill out... that ways they would not create any hassle...i am pretty sure that you can accept the basic fact that people know that they are dying when they smoke but they choose to continue doing it for some reason or the other. you might consider them stupid... but they are humans and should be treated as such. ๐Ÿ˜›

And they only sell the 20 cig packs.

This sucks because they are encouraging people to smoke cigarette .If I'm right in Japan no one is allowed to smoke cigarette on the roads or any public places .

having a smokers lounge in a mall is a very good idea.
Somewhat yes as well because as least it prevent those people whi do not smoke i.e prevent other people from passive smoking which is more dangerous as well .

If I'm right in Japan no one is allowed to smoke cigarette on the roads or any public places .

umm. it's illegal to do that in india as well. more reasons for the malls to provide a smokes lounge...

when i was in chandigarh... the fun republic movie hall had a smokers lounge. which was hugely popular with guys... as you could go there and chill out (in the atmosphere which looked more like a night club). u find no gals there ๐Ÿ˜› and it would give you a break if you are stuck on a bad date. ๐Ÿ˜€

was kidding about the excessive smoke part. extra air conditioning was complimented with several exaust fans. and the seats were facing open windows... so it was a fairly reasonable place to sit and do chit chat which doing a smoke.

in addition to smoker's lounge, there should be "autorized" place to drink as well, other than the bars ๐Ÿ˜€ like a drive in bar...u go there, park ur cars, and drink...having proper security (bouncers) to tame the wilder ones...there was one just adjacent to the Delhi-Gurgaon border on NH8 sans security, but it's not there anymore due to the highway development going on...it was a nice place me and my bunch of friends used to frequent like 5 yrs or more back...in Delhi there's no place other than a bar, and obviously ur home, to have a couple of drinks peacefully...i think govt. should come up with something like that...it will make sure that ppl don't drink in their cars, and usually while driving...we know lots of us do that ๐Ÿ˜› so having something like that would be really great... ๐Ÿ˜€

there cant be drive in bar. because then u cant drive out (legally) LOL

and may be mostly it crosses? dont have any friends who drink so no idea

Smokers' lounge is pretty bad idea...........obviously chain smokers would love it

well, both smoker's lounge and driking area would be a bad idea if u abhor smoking/drinking, but not for the rest of us... ๐Ÿ™‚

oh! sad that good guys of this bbforum smoke ๐Ÿ™i was expecting their company till i go 100 ๐Ÿ™‚

such smoking and drinking sections just encourage more people to start smoking and drinking. also the ones who sometimes smoke/drink start doing it more oftenly.ofcourse its a great idea for the smokers and drinkers according to them. but in the real sense its bad for both. ๐Ÿ™

oh! sad that good guys of this bbforum smoke ๐Ÿ™
i was expecting their company till i go 100 ๐Ÿ™‚

oh. i am pretty sure if am done with half of my life. ๐Ÿ˜› so sorry mate. wont be there.

such smoking and drinking sections just encourage more people to start smoking and drinking. also the ones who sometimes smoke/drink start doing it more oftenly.
ofcourse its a great idea for the smokers and drinkers according to them. but in the real sense its bad for both. ๐Ÿ™

Your post reminded me of this philosopher I studied in college called Kierkegaard. One of his more famous thoughts was on 'public opinion' and 'the public' which in a nutshell he hated because it was a faceless entity that regurgitated secondhand opinion. (btw in case you misunderstand, this is not a personal attack or anything - just a rant - sometimes I like to use this forum as my personal blog ๐Ÿ˜€).

Having studied alcohol use, it was very interesting to see what kind of mass opinions people form about alcohol - the most common of them that it is something 'bad' or 'unhealthy' or even worse - 'immoral' (especially in India). Now I am well aware of the evils of alcohol misuse - alcoholism, drunk driving etc. but really that is the exception not the norm. I found it thoroughly amusing when this girl from my college here asked me whether I am "into boozing" - a phrase fully loaded with moral connotations to the effect that she may as well have asked whether I considered myself to be an *sshole or not!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Basically I am amused when people talk about drinking as if it's a bad thing. In fact most scientific data actually shows that moderate drinking is actually a very healthy thing. (and I am not talking about the bullsh*t pseudo-scientific reports Delhi Times et al pull out of their collective *sses)!

I can't say much for smoking, but here's a brilliant site made by an sociologist who has been studying the subject for over 30 years.