Smokeless Tobacco Association is annoyed with ban on Gutka and not Cigarettes

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,252
"Unlike ciggies, gutkha is not harmful for others around you"

They basically said that its harmful to you. AFAIK gutkha not only contains tobacco but also other chemicals which are known carcinogens.

well they do admit that it has 1000 fewer chemicals compared to ciggies. so it's better!

hah. when I saw this ad I thought it was some NGO that wanted both cigarettes and Gutka banned.

Neither ciggies nor Guthka should be banned. It's up to the person, he has to make the decision. Why does the govt. get to decide!?Even alcohol is harmful.

gutkha ban IMO is a good thing yes it doesnt harm the people around but it is an enviromental hazzard!!!! comon i am sure every one has seen the famous REDDISH/ORANGE WALLs of india. I detest gutkha, the smell from it is horrible, the spitting is disgusting. I dont like cigarettes especially that minors can get their hands on it without a problem.

Neither ciggies nor Guthka should be banned. It's up to the person, he has to make the decision. Why does the govt. get to decide!?
Even alcohol is harmful.
Cocaine and Heroin should also be unbanned?

ciggies are not banned even though they have carcinogenic content. weed is natural and is still banned.

https://imgur.com/7pE9w

So, their ads is basically saying, Gutka is less harmful so unban us and ban ciggies.

what i understood from this AD is that ban ciggies as well .............

damn i dont even know spelling of ciggarrate ......:smile:

i think it would pretty funny that after banning gutkha they will unban it.

If you have been reading another Pakistani cricketer being banned for possession of cannabis, I was saying that it is illegal in many countries, but in many countries like India its not strictly enforced or only partially enforced.