• Views Views 4,414

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
81ubnmb.webp

damn. this is going to be an expensive air purifier to own. they have installed three filters on both sides.

Smart Air SA600 Air Purifier for Home, Dual Inlet with 3 Stage Filters, H13 HEPA, Carbon & Pre-filter, Traps 99.97% Virus & PM 0.1 Particles, Large Coverage area of 645 Sq. Ft

LaTS3h4.webp
qdPTZ40.webp
l2NejDo.webp
OvEhyTf.webp
3UDlCQn.webp
m6vRXpL.webp

BPZiDY4.webp

Last edited:
This is going to be costly to run in longer run because of dual set of filters. But seems like a solid product in the 15-20K price range. Remains to be seen when they bring this to India and at what price. And of course, what the cost of filters are. Sqair is around 9K and HEPA costs less than 2K. Carbon is 1300 but is optional. Not sure if carbon is optional in this as well. This would probably cost closer to 20K. Won't be surprised if they price it above 20K. I really do not understanding the pricing strategy of this company tbh. Filters costing would be critical here. Manual link: https://smartairfilters.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/SA-600-Manual_compressed.pdf

This thread has some images of the purifier machine. Ignore the obvious though. Smart Air really does not show much about their machines in their stock images.

This link should work. The above doesn't at my end.

This machine is going to be a dust magnet with such a smaller outlet at the top.

T8sAQsO.webp

Last edited:
here is a confirmation that the device indeed uses just 9w at medium speed. i was pretty sure it was a typo lol.

Source

Last edited:
Wow. This is now on sale in India.

Rs. 18499.

Filters are not listed yet.

Based on UK pricing, HEPA set could cost around 3-3.5K. Carbon set should be a bit cheaper but combined costing would make this an expensive filter to operate. Trying to find out if carbons are essential for HEPA to fit in the box.

Last edited:
Since I need to get a new air purifier, this would be a no brainer for Rs 15k. Not informing parents that the actual cost is Rs. 18.5k would be one way.

I wonder why the company doesn't include a basic AQ indicator, even a simple one like Coway's.

They have covered this on their website.

At Smart Air, we do not include any air quality sensors in our award-winning air purifiers. As a social enterprise, our goal is to provide the most effective air purifiers on the market at the lowest possible cost. We are not willing to add a cheap inaccurate sensor that is both a gimmick and adds to the price. For accurate air quality readings, we recommend using a dedicated air quality monitor with data backing its effectiveness.

Yeah yeah, fully aware of that statement.

Why don’t they offer an AQI in that case? They have been doing research and pitting against all major players. They would have the data as well the expertise to manufacture one.

It has wifi and any product with wifi I believe needs local certification which I imagine is expensive for a small company to justify? I did ask them when they launched these. They said they plan to but didn't give timeline.

Well yeah. Air purifier is still considered a luxury item in India. Let alone convincing people about the necessity of a good quality AQI.

I bought the SA600 a month ago. It's working well, a little noisy at the highest speed (3). I use an air quality monitor to figure out what speed to run the unit at.

Regarding the air quality monitor, I have a Laser Egg but it started making an annoying loud humming noise after running for a few days (I used to power it off for a day or two and then restart it). It got annoying enough that I bought a new air quality monitor from Ikea for 4K a few days ago. It had very good reviews on the quality of the sensor used inside the device; here's the link VINDSTYRKA air quality sensor, smart - IKEA