• Thread starter Thread starter vissu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,076

vissu

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber 3MBPS
i have checked in the given link below, how activation process runs in windows vista. In that page, second step says "
You'll have three days to install hardware or software products and to set up an Internet connection before activation will take place." what is meant by this point? does this mean we can't add any hardware permanently to our pc, after activation of windows vista? 😕

Windows Vista: Activate to Establish That You're Running Genuine ...

What they mean is 1. Install hardware/software required to connect to Internet within Three days of installing VISTA. Not other software/hardware.2. Then when you connect to Internet the automatic validation process starts.3. Then you have 30 days. for validation . Also periodically you will be asked to validate your OS, whenever you go for Update/s etc. Para two : Probably when you install Vista the date is recorded say 1st dec 2007.then when you go online validation process is activated. So after 31st dec 2007you will have reduced functionality etc.

You can, but in "might" invalidate the hash and Vista might want to revalidate itself.I think a simple RAM/hdd upgrade should trigger validation. Its more like if you change all NIC MACs or Motherboard or Processor.

You can add new hardwares after vista activation. But you need to activate Vista again.

I have sent feedback to MS regarding this, and asked for clarification, about three days limit. Hope they will reply.Even now, I am asked to validate my XP PRO SP2, when ever their web sites are accessed for downloads /updates etc( Of course it is automatically done)One news I read that IE7 , can/may be downloaded without validation of OS, due to competition from Firefox. Did not record /Forgot the link.

thanks for your question sent to ms. if they reply, please post the details of reply given by them 🙂

@Sushubh : Thanks for info./confirmation.
@vissu
Reply received from MS. ( as promised within 24 hours !)

RE: SRX1052095785ID - Vista activation process
Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service.
I understand that you have concerns regarding Windows Vista activation.
From the information you have provided in your message,
I found that you are located in India. If you have purchased the
Microsoft product in India, your best resource for support is the Microsoft India subsidiary.
There are significant programming differences between North America and localized versions of
software. You will be best assisted by the subsidiary that specializes in the version.
You can contact the Microsoft India subsidiary at: +91-124-4158000 / 2567000
For more information please visit the below given link:

Microsoft Worldwide Sites

I hope the above information is helpful.
Thank you,
Nithin
Microsoft Customer Service Representative

If you have any feedback about your Online Customer Service experience,
please send them to my manager, Himadri Roy,
at http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=6998852
Please do not forget to indicate the name of my manager in the subject field.
UNQUOTE

I think my message.contents immaterial because of above reply. from MS.

FREE Broadband upto Rs. 21,990 from Airtel

Airtel Broadband presents an exclusive offer for genuine Windows consumers that will change the way you connect to the internet from home or office.
Zero installation charges
Zero registration charges
FREE usage for upto 2 months

Home users can save upto Rs. 3,000 and business users upto Rs. 21,990!

Fast connectivity, dedicated bandwidth, robust installation and 24x7 customer support are just some of the highlights of the Airtel Broadband connection. Whats more the superior DSL technology ensures no more missed calls or blocked telephone lines even while you are connected to the internet.

duh. would i have to get a new connection to benefit from this 😛

The offer expires Feb 2008. also one month free for 6 months paid tariff Plan !!! say if you select 1 Gb d/l per month pay for six months and get one month 1 GB D/L free. I did not go into the details as I already have Airtel . some more offers also available.