• Thread starter Thread starter rak007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6,149

rak007

Regular
ISP
YOU Broadband 1 Mbps Unlimited
Technology blunder from airtel side...Please read through. I even know what issue it is.

Here is sequence of activities

1. Few days back i request for Movies Now. CC people tell me to change dish position.
2. Airtel guy comes and we decide NOT TO SHIFT the dish as it is not possible.
3. 2 days later i get a call where they cancel my movies now request and close the request. I was receiving the signals properly until yesterday afternoon.
4. Yesterday afternoon my airtel TV is disconnected with only a error flashing on screen as
"There was an error during installation........Error code SM2"
5. I asked CC and they told that i have been migrated to new satellite. God knows why. But they tell me i will get all channels WITHOUT changing dish antenna position. CC was bluffing.
6. He says that i need to keep my STB ON for 30 min. I do it (for an hour) but no resolution.
7. Still no resolution and no response from airtel presence.

What is the exact problem ??
It seems that my dish antenna has still not been moved but from your backend side i have been migrated to SM2 and hence i am not able to receive SM1 signals and hence no TV for me.
I need you to get this rectified ASAP and put me back to SM1 so i start receiving signals again.

I have tweeted on airtel_presence, mailed to airtel presence email id, put on econsumerforums.in, consumercourt.in, consumercomplaints.in but no resolution or any acknowledgement from their side.
This is the epitome of worst customer service.

I need resolution asap

What more can i do ???

First of all never post customer ID on public forums.2nd, it wud be better to switch to SES-7 (new satellite) because INSAT-4CR will stop functioning from 2012. So you will have to do it eventually, so better to do it now.Also they are no more adding new channels on 4CR. And might just stop software upgrades in future, leaving bugs as it is and not adding new features. So again, better to do it now when engineer is ready to come instead later when u might not get engineer easily.Ofcourse, I have assumed here that u will stay with airtel in future. But if u have plans to move then u must get them switch ur records back to 4CR.

Well u need to find a solution else u wont be able to see after 2012.

^^ The dish is in such a position that it cannot be moved 🙁
Also this is a rented apartment so cannot do much.

This is not a big deal, they just need to realign the Dish by changing the position of LNB' by 2-3 degress appx.

its not 3 degrees.. dish direction changes from south to east..so almost 40-50 degrees.so he possibly has something objecting (say building) in that direction so possibly cant realign..and being rented apartment.. the owner may have some objection... in short some reason.... but the point is..he has to find a solution! 😀

why all this owners of rented apartments hav objection. U should install it in the roof. If he does not allow go to the court.....:wall:

If he does not allow go to the court.....:wall:

Do u think courts have time for such things. And lets say if he goes to court i am sure the very next day his landlord will give him the notice to vacate.