Slow Torrent Download Speeds In Chennai From 29-dec-06

jackrabbit

Arrive.Raise Hell.Leave.
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 10, 2006
Hi,I am experiencing slow download speed from last night(29-Dec-06) in Chennai. The torrent download speed have grounded to 4-5 KBps from 30-35 KBps. Anyone else too experincing the same in Chennai, or is there some fault at my connection?Kindly post your speeds and suggestions.thx,kirty

krishnan

Regular
Regulars
Aug 13, 2006
Having same problem here too. Even downloads are slow , looks like Home 500 uers have already at itHmmm , may the earthquake , but the speeds get back to normal in the day time

als

Sep 18, 2006
it is due to earthquake in Taiwan .not only bsnl but other isp also facing same prob..

krishnan

Regular
Regulars
Aug 13, 2006
Somewhere the underlying submarine cable got damaged it seems , which is also affecting the net here, seem it will be ok only after 5-6 jan 2007 , this was reported in DC chennai edition few days back

jackrabbit

Arrive.Raise Hell.Leave.
[OP]
Regulars
Nov 10, 2006
Hi guys,
Thanks all of you for informing all the members, and a bit of more thank you as you rescued from going behind my computer and tweaking the modem and router for experincing slow speeds.

Krishnan@ I guess you are at Chennai. If possible can we be friends and meet each other. Just lemme know about your contact details. Send me a mail at mkirty@hotmail.com. I am put up @ KK Ngr. How abt you??

thx
kirty

deepakraj29

Dec 31, 2006
Hi Guys,I am also facing the same problem... From 29th the speed has been pretty slow.. Usually i used to download using Ares p2p, so i initially thought there was a problem with the software or probably the sharing.. But today mornin my speed dropped to 11kbps... It was constant at 10 - 11 kbps.. I wondered if my connection was downgraded to 128kbps :( ... But then i tried the dataone usage but there seems to be some problem on the page i am not able to view my user info or any of usage stuff there... Now i am really startin to freak out :eek: .. I am gonna lodge a complaint.. Did any of u guys face the problem on the dataone usage page??

abhibh

Regulars
Sep 2, 2006
No dude.. i dont think its due to earthquake in Taiwan.. (i even don't know about it.). On UL 900 i am getting 29-32 KBPS where as on business 1200 in getting 7-8 KBPS. (KILO BYTES PER SECOND). I think they are upgrading or something... And this speeed is of http download from -- link removed --..

girish

Dec 10, 2007
Iam Facing The Same Problem In Bangalore Over Ul 900 My Speed Doesnt Exceed 10 I Did A Speed Meter Test And Got 106kbps!/65kbps!Please Help Me ..............:(

halluc1nati0n

May 7, 2007
^ Man .. that's like an year old thread....Was started due to that Taiwan earthquake...Why'd you bump this/ post here ? :S