• Thread starter Thread starter Vince
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 5,925
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince

Regular
I was getting 10KBps, both on DUMeter and my downloading softwares like flashget, bitcomet, etc...Now, even though DUMeter shows 10KBps, the downloading softwares show at the most 6KBps!!!Dunno what is wrong...Anyone else here getting low speeds?It did rain like hell in the nights for the past 2 days here in Chennai...

DU Meter gives wrong reading all the time coz it takes into consideration the traffic flowing through the network card. download managers would give you better speeds than browsers coz they are made to extract the maximum available bandwidth. browsers are more generous in their sharing bandwidht with other available applications.

But Sushubh, wheni was downloading from http links, it would download at 10kBps, now, even though DUmeter shows ~10, Flashget shows just ~5kBps..!!I called up the CC, they said they'd look into it...

Originally posted by Vince@Jul 21 2005, 03:30 PM
But Sushubh, wheni was downloading from http links, it would download at 10kBps, now, even though DUmeter shows ~10, Flashget shows just ~5kBps..!!

I called up the CC, they said they'd look into it...
[snapback]17561[/snapback]
[/quote]

But it says u have a *64k* connection in ur profile 🤔 !!!

I'm surprised you see anything over 7-8 kB/s

@boygr8: any tips man? i checked my processes under taskmanager and with Hijackthis, but i cant find anything suspicious...@blr_p: yea, well, i WAS getting 10kBps, now its down to about 4-5 kBps....i still think its the rain.... 🙁

broadband at 64???i thought the definition is 256 kbps for broadband...anything below it is not BB 😛

Bsnl with its stupid data caps, Sify with its insane data caps, Airtel with its 'Buy a phone line to get BB', and all the other players in the market claiming to providing BB with some catch....I must add TATA has crazy plans too and I aint supporting it either....i'd switch over to any other service provider who'll provide affordable UNLIMITED internet access...Can you suggest any such provider coolbuddy? 😀 i'm sure many people would be grateful if you could!!

Or since you feel i dont have a TRUE "BB" connection, that i post my queries in another sub-forum called 'Fake BB' ? 🙂

i'm on MTNL right now and am quite satisifed with it...it's a true broadband!!!though with the proper billing in not place yet, i'm still have some second thoughts about it...i just got a bill of 7k when i'm not supposed to get anything more than 650 bucks for my connection...but am positive that it will get resolved soon...so if u're in Del or Mumbai, MTNL is the best bet for the time being!! 🙂

Originally posted by Vince@Jul 21 2005, 10:00 AM
But Sushubh, wheni was downloading from http links, it would download at 10kBps, now, even though DUmeter shows ~10, Flashget shows just ~5kBps..!!

I called up the CC, they said they'd look into it...
[snapback]17561[/snapback]
[/quote]

Check whether if u have set the download speed for flashget not to exceed over a particular limit.

Well, thanks for the tip Hitman, but that doesnt seem to be the problem.actually, i've noticed something strange...I am getting slow speeds only when i'm downloading (~20mb) music videos, but when i download mp3s, i'm getting a good 11kBps!p.s. hitman, i see you've gone for Sify? Are they good (from your experience?)

Originally posted by Vince@Jul 27 2005, 03:53 PM
Well, thanks for the tip Hitman, but that doesnt seem to be the problem.
actually, i've noticed something strange...

I am getting slow speeds only when i'm downloading (~20mb) music videos, but when i download mp3s, i'm getting a good 11kBps!

p.s. hitman, i see you've gone for Sify? Are they good (from your experience?)
[snapback]18496[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually i am using sify for last 4-5 months now . For last 1-2 month it is working perfect. But the reason is the other Internet provider guy has got his leg broken so he wasn't able to cut our internet wires for last 1-2 month 😉 Good news is tht tata guy came to my place today and laid the wire to my house but he told me the engineer will come to install modem etc in next 3-4 hrs and I am still waiting after 10 hrs now. Just can't wait to see my 512 KBps connection running 😀 . I think i will keep both tata 512 KBps 2 gb download and sify 128 KBps unlimited (day time 150 mb limit and night 10pm-8am unlimited) for now. Sify for a backup 😉 . Also Vince i need to ask u one thing tht will tata connection will provide a dedicated ip ?

Also to ur query the dowload also depends upon the server from which u download the stuff. If the trafiic is higher on server or the server is not having much bandwidth it will give obviously give u low transfer rate even if u got 2MBps connection

Hope your connection's given now hitman!Yes, tata gives a static ip. (does that mean a dedicated ip?)Reg. speeds, but i'm getting low speeds only for videos from many sites....even some mp3 sites have this problem... but i havnt had it in 20 days....why the slow speeds NOW.?

Originally posted by Vince@Jul 28 2005, 03:28 AM
Hope your connection's given now hitman!

Yes, tata gives a static ip. (does that mean a dedicated ip?)

Reg. speeds, but i'm getting low speeds only for videos from many sites....even some mp3 sites have this problem... but i havnt had it in 20 days....why the slow speeds NOW.?
[snapback]18562[/snapback]
[/quote]

Still waiting for guy to come and provide me the modem and install it 🙁

Status
Not open for further replies.