Slow speed problem on Reliance Jio Fiber wireless router

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 33,975
How will MI router solve the issue?

i was searching online and found that 2,4Ghz band routers have a capacity to provide 300 mbps speed. is this true? and if yes then what kind of hardcore overlaps are happening to give such a big drop of speed in a 2.4 GHz router

There are not even that much overlaps in the area I live to justify such drastic drops/erratic speeds.

just wanted to post a clarification here for everyone thinking that 2.4 GHz router gives speeds of only 15-20 mbps is total bullshit. The jio guys, i don't know what kind of ont they are using but as per their claims the 2.4 GHz router was mentioned to have reduced speeds but after actually using it, boyyo, they shouldn't have said reduced but rather shit speeds.

@Shubham OP, i would seriously like to suggest you go back to your previous isp and wait for them to launch fiber rather than switching to jio. After a week of tardy service from jio, half an hour wait just to get through to a customer care agent and then i don't how many days before a technical guy comes at your doorstep, it is just too bad to be getting, at least now. Who knows the service might improve later on. But getting to the main point, i.e. speed, i switched back to airtel have the same old DT920W router which operated on 2.4GHz frequency, the speed has never gone below 40 mbps on LAN or Wi-fi (i have the 40 mbps plan). At least here i get what i pay for. After this jio service, i would just gladly wait for these guys to come up with their own fibre service.

@bigdataseeder I was confused too when people suggested that 2.4 GHz will have such reduced/erratic speeds. However, I do not have any alternative available to me. I have to stick with Jio plus there is no issue on 5 GHz band, so it kind of works for me right now. Although, I hope they can fix this 2.4 GHz issue via a firmware update or something in the future.

@bigdataseeder I was confused too when people suggested that 2.4 GHz will have such reduced/erratic speeds. However, I do not have any alternative available to me. I have to stick with Jio plus there is no issue on 5 GHz band, so it kind of works for me right now. Although, I hope they can fix this 2.4 GHz issue via a firmware update or something in the future.

You have the alternative. Take a new connection with dual band wifi router and after getting that connection, surrender the old one. Your money will be locked for a month or so, but it works.