Slow speed problem on Reliance Jio Fiber wireless router

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 33,989
I think it the laptop problem, i also have a MacBook Air and i am having the same problem of 8 Mbps speed and i use windows via bootcamp. I have reset my network settings and nothing happened so i reinstalled windows and the problem was gone but it came back again after 2 days.

Any solution to this. I took jiofiber yesterday, I am getting 140 Mbps speed when I run speedtest from Mobile, but when I run the same speed test from Laptop browser, I get around 30Mbps or Less. How do i fix this?

Any solution to this. I took jiofiber yesterday, I am getting 140 Mbps speed when I run speedtest from Mobile, but when I run the same speed test from Laptop browser, I get around 30Mbps or Less. How do i fix this?
How you connecting laptop wire or wifi? 2.4ghz wifi or 5ghz or gigabit or fast ethernet port?

EDIT

The problem is actually with my WIFI it seems. Somehow randomly the WIFI will sometimes show me <40 Speed OR sometimes Full 150 speed. Yesterday I restarted after Dell command updates and SUpportAssist was run - then the speed was full 150Mbps whole day on Wifi. Today morning the wifi speed on laptop went down again. THOUGH from phone I get 150 Mbps speed always. JIOFIBER is so far really awesome.

Sorry for restarting this thread. I hav just shifted drom One broadband to Jio fiber. Both using ftth. Earlier i was using just a 20MBps plan but i was able to watch 4K video comfortably. Only issue was, the router provided was a single band router. So i shifted to Jio. Here, even on 150MBps plan, 4K videos buffer, & many times i feel the video quality is reduced to accommodate the same. Also connection speed looks suspicious. As most of the speed test agree with Jio's claim of bandwidth but real life usage is something different. Any ideas how i can improve this?

Which app was used for 4K ? Have you tried to stream it on different devices. Chances are your Wifi range or the particular device can be the problem. Running a LAN cable to the TV/device might solve it. Stream on a different device to check if it's the device problem. Also, Speedtest mobile app has a Video testing option these days. You can try that also. It should give 4K capability in the result

Last edited: