Slow Speed in MTNL 3G..Any Workaround?

Tigerstyle9

ISP
MTNL
Hello everyone,I've been using MTNL 3G in Delhi since last 2 weeks. I was just testing the speeds daily and i realized that i am getting slow speeds ( about 70kBps download, and its KiloBytes). So i wanna know is there any workaround or so? I read somewhere that you have to message "ACT HSDPA" to 444 to get the high speeds activated on your SIM. Is it true? Please help me out... i wanna get more speed on my connection.PS- I access net through my phone (Nokia 5800 XpressMusic) connected to my laptop and i get about 60% signal strength.

Hello everyone,
I've been using MTNL 3G in Delhi since last 2 weeks. I was just testing the speeds daily and i realized that i am getting slow speeds ( about 70kBps download, and its KiloBytes). So i wanna know is there any workaround or so? I read somewhere that you have to message "ACT HSDPA" to 444 to get the high speeds activated on your SIM. Is it true? Please help me out... i wanna get more speed on my connection.

PS- I access net through my phone (Nokia 5800 XpressMusic) connected to my laptop and i get about 60% signal strength.

I face the same problem. My speeds range near about 500kbps (0.5 mbps). The customer care aunties have told me that they have never heard of HSDPA activation and that everything is pre-activated in the sim card.

Umm, if you guys didn't have hsdpa activated you would have got a max of 384 kilobits per sec. The speed issue is probably due to high network traffic or poor coverage.

Umm, if you guys didn't have hsdpa activated you would have got a max of 384 kilobits per sec. The speed issue is probably due to high network traffic or poor coverage.

Sent an SMS "ACT HSDPA" to 444. Got a reply saying HSDPA activated. My balance at the time of sending this sms was 130Rs (some people had said it should be above 500 or something). Nothing got deducted and neither did the speeds increase. Will visit a Sanchar Haat today and see if the people there are any more knowledgeable than the aunties that man their customer care.

Sent an SMS "ACT HSDPA" to 444. Got a reply saying HSDPA activated. My balance at the time of sending this sms was 130Rs (some people had said it should be above 500 or something). Nothing got deducted and neither did the speeds increase. Will visit a Sanchar Haat today and see if the people there are any more knowledgeable than the aunties that man their customer care.

The Sanchar Haat guys had never heard of HSDPA. Asked me to either meet someone at their Eidgah Head Office or call 1503. The 1503 people reiterated the same thing - no such thing as HSDPA activation. Don't think it is a case of network congestion as the Sanchar Haat is only half a kilometre from my place and there are very few MTNL subscribers in this area. Could be a case of poor infrastructure.