Slow speed in BBG Combo ULD 1350 Plan

Check the Downstream (RX) line rate in your modem status page.
Tell the SDE to reset the Downstream (RX) line rate to 4096

I recently shifted my house and got a BSNL connection. I have opted for the UL-1350 plan, but the speeds are constantly hovering around 1.7 Mbps. The Downstream rate is pegged at 1999 and the upstream at 496.

How do i know that the downstream rate is capped at 2048 by BSNL? Is there a way to check it?

Anyway, i am planning to call the SDE and ask the to verify the situation.

Thanks in advance.

I recently shifted my house and got a BSNL connection. I have opted for the UL-1350 plan, but the speeds are constantly hovering around 1.7 Mbps. The Downstream rate is pegged at 1999 and the upstream at 496.

How do i know that the downstream rate is capped at 2048 by BSNL? Is there a way to check it?

Thanks in advance.

How do i know that the downstream rate is capped at 2048 by BSNL? Is there a way to check it? Anyone?

I recently shifted my house and got a BSNL connection. I have opted for the Unlimited-1350 plan, but the speeds are constantly hovering around 1.7 Mbps. The Downstream rate is pegged at 1999 and the upstream at 496.

Thanks in advance.

Eventually after so many calls to different officers and lineman, i got the downstream rate changed. It is pegged at 3999 now. Decent i guess.

However, there is no improvement in speeds. When ever i do a speedtest using the BSNL speedtest tool, the results vary between 1.3 Mbps to a maximum of 3.4 Mbps.

I am posting the screen shots of my modem page. Folks please have a look and let me know your thoughts.

http://postimage.org/image/ggcvhv4mr/

http://postimage.org/image/7elw346gn/

View image: DSL Router Mozilla Firefox IBM Edition 2013 01

View image: DSL Router Mozilla Firefox IBM Edition 2013 01

[Tried inserting the images, it allows only from URL and the same is not getting displayed. Hence the links to the screen shots. ]

Another issue is that i am using a beetel modem which i got while i had an Airtel connection and that is connected to Belkin router. Wi-fi signals are not that great all around the house. Wanted to know if this is hampering the speeds.

Please let me know your thoughts. Then i will go ahead and decide, if i need to persist with this connection. The problem is that options are few for me. The other connections available are a 5 Mbps connection from City Online and a very costly connection from Dvois. Have you people heard about these ISPs?