Slow Speed For Single Download & High Speed For Multiple Downloads. Why???

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,572

vmsanandh

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Im having a laptop (Windows 7 - 64 Bit) and a desktop (Windows XP - 32 Bit) and a a Huawei E1750 3G USB Modem (BSNL 3G Connection with full signal in my home).

With the modem, im getting around 500 KB/sec for single download in Windows 7 OS.

For eg : I downloaded a sample file from AVG website : http://download.avg.com/softw/90/update/u9iavi3290dc.bin

With my Windows 7 OS (Laptop), i was able to download the file at speed of around 500 Kb/sec (Connection speed showed around 4 - 4.5 Mbps in mobile partner).

With the same modem, i downloaded the same file with my Windows XP OS Desktop, and i am getting speed of only 35 to 50 Kb/sec (Connection speed showed around 500 to 600 KB/sec in mobile partner). But if i download more than 2 or 3 files at same time, its giving a total download speed of around 500 Kb/sec (4 - 4.5 Mbps).

Im having BSNL Broadband 2 Mbps connection too. Im able to download tht single file at 230 Kb/sec using BSNL Broadband without problem from my desktop.

Can anyone help me in spotting out the problem? Why im not able to get full speed for single file download with my E1750 modem in my desktop but at the same time im getting high speed with multiple downloads?

With the modem, im getting around 500 KB/sec for single download in Windows 7 OS.

For eg : I downloaded a sample file from AVG website : http://download.avg.com/softw/90/upd...iavi3290dc.bin

With my Windows 7 OS (Laptop), i was able to download the file at speed of around 500 Kb/sec (Connection speed showed around 4 - 4.5 Mbps in mobile partner).

500 KB/sec? 😛leasehelp:
With the same modem, i downloaded the same file with my Windows XP OS Desktop, and i am getting speed of only 35 to 50 Kb/sec (Connection speed showed around 500 to 600 KB/sec in mobile partner). But if i download more than 2 or 3 files at same time, its giving a total download speed of around 500 Kb/sec (4 - 4.5 Mbps).

Im having BSNL Broadband 2 Mbps connection too. Im able to download tht single file at 230 Kb/sec using BSNL Broadband without problem from my desktop.

Download and install Internet Download Manager 😀

500 KB/sec? 😛leasehelp:

Download and install Internet Download Manager 😀

Ya buddy, 500 Kbps. It sometimes triggers even to 700 Kbps. 500 kbps is average. Im already using IDM only.