Slow internet - Where to complain?

• Thread starter Thread starter vasukinv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,458

vasukinv

ISP
DataOne
I've recently got FTTH 777 Plan. The supposed speed was 50 Mbps / 50 Mbps. But here is what I'm practically getting:
8614240165.png

Local exchange employees said "This is normal speed."

I showed one of them a Speed Test video on YouTube and then he was convinced and asked me to write a letter saying I'm getting very slow FTTH speed.

Has anybody tried writing a letter? Was it useful at all?
Has anybody found raising a complaint on Twitter be useful?
Has anybody tried complaining on PGPortal found useful?

Try twitter first, then pgportal.

Go with the flow. Write a letter, ask them how many hours or day to wait. Wait until that time and then follow-up with them again. If they give any more excuses, complain in pgportal.

I ask you to go with the flow, because, if you make the complaint directly to pgportal, the complaint would be forwarded to the local exchange anyway. So, if you don't go with the flow, they may fight with you on why you went directly to pgportal. The employees may even stop doing anything useful too. It happened to at least one other forum member here. So, please be patient and go with the flow. Give them the chance. When they don't perform according to their own rules, then, nothing wrong in going to pgportal. Employees may be accountable in the near future for what they have done or not done with complaints from pgportal. Currently, they get their salary, irrespective of their action or inaction to the complaint via pgportal.

If you are smart, you can go with pgportal directly. Just put the blame on your uncle or friend when confronted with the complaint in the exchange.

I'll write a letter to the local SDE first for sure. All these guys have been very helpful to me throughout. I don't want to feel guilty of myself not giving a chance to these very co-operative employees. I believe hat's the most ethical way to proceed.

The only problem I encountered due to the local employees is that they set the VLAN ID on their side as 174 on the first day and configured my ONT for 174. Everything was fine till it was disconnected that night automatically. On the second day, they silently changed it to 175 on their end, resulting in my ONT failing to authenticate. When complained, instead of telling me about the change, they gave an Alphion 1143 ONT saying "NET Link you've bought from outside is defective and needs to be replaced".

Fortunately, the NET Link people didn't ask me to send the ONT to them, rather showed me that there's no defect in the ONT by authenticating bbtest account, and asked to "reset the MAC address associated with my FTTH account at BSNL's end".

After insisting though, the local employees "checked" and said my VLAN ID is 175 and then changed it back to 174. Now the NET Link ONT is working fine.

Being in business, I could sense they were focusing on lending their ONT on rent, but didn't expect them to play this much.