Slow internet can't find the cause

Hello, I have bsnl broadband plan 1091 for which the allotted fup is 1000GB with a speed of20mbps.
For the past 9-10 days the broadband speed is very slow when i do speed test it is in the range of 0.42-1.43 Mbps which is too low for my plan, actually for my plan i should be getting a speed of 10-11Mbps of speed in speedtest, I lodged a complained though online in self care portal, next day the lineman called me through the telephone and asked whats the problem , inquired whether there is any problem in telephone line (is the ringtone is telephone is clear or not), is Adsl light is stable or flickering, as everything was fine he asked me to contact JE, when i contacted JE he said he will give a try by adjusting some jumper, later after 1-2 hours the JE called me asking whether do i get the right speed(which is 10-11mbps ) now, i checked still my speed was below 1Mbps, he asked how old my modem was, which was actually 5 years old so he pointed that may be the prime cause, so i got a new modem still i am having the same speed issue, also my SNR value in old and new modem remains the same value of 8-9 db, which clearly indicates the fault is not with new or old modem, so please help me out where else the fault might be???

And i have also not crossed my FUP limit, so far i have consumed just 22 gb or something in that range.

But in a day randomly if i test i get the original speed of 10-11Mbps but after few minutes it drops down below 1 mbps, but for majority of the day the speed is low.

Last edited:
Hi! Please post your line stats (SNR Margin and Line Attenuation) from the Router/Modem Status with your Question Thread.

Make use of imgur.com to upload the screenshot.