• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,057

probuddha

Regular
ISP
SITI Broadband
ok friends, here is the situation.I recently upgraded from XP to Win 7 Pro and have set up a PPPoE connection to my DataOne broadband.Ever since I've set the connection up - data transfer seems to have been very slow. Page loads are extremely slow and the network status shows very slow transfer of data.My broadband plan is ULF HOME 1350 but since I've exhausted the 20 Gig limit, the speed is now 512 kbps. Strangely, when I check the speed on speedtest, I get a bandwidth of around 512 but the pages are very slow to load.My configuration are as follows:Modem - UT300R2UOS- Win 7 ProfessionalDNS - 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4SNR - 34/ 25ATT - 14/6Modulation - MultimodeI've also got TCP IPv6 unchecked in the network properties.So kindly advise whether I need to make any extra adjustments on Windows 7 for optimal broadband performance or if everything's okay.Thanks!

Setting wise there is nothing special needs to be done with Windows 7 as it works fine. Also ur Adsl line status is also looking good. You can also use TCP IP Otimizer to further optimize your windows setting. Its a postable software. Run it as Administrator & choose optimum settings & reboot.

Also which browsers are using and is your download rate ok?

Hey Rj - thanks for your reply.

I have already used TCP/IP optimizer to tune up the settings.

As for browsers, I generally use FireFox but the issue is across all browsers.

Speeds are pretty much okay:-

So I guess this is just a temporary glitch from DataOne.

Thanks again!

try using OpenDNS, coz i too faced same problem as earlier i was using bsnl dns due to which speed was very low with pppoe connection and now it works great! !

Yes It must be a temporary problem or a dns problem. You can also use these Dns Servers which are fast & reliable too.

Relinace DnS Servers

Bsnl Servers(these r good)

DNS Advantage

International Servers

Most people in bsnl broadband change DNS server from modem/router it self which is not necessary. If the DNS assigned automatically in not working/working slowly/filtering some sites one can change DNS directly from windows from Network>Local Area Connection>TCPIP 4 Settings.

Here is a cool application NetSetMan using which you can use 6 DNS servers. You don't need to change the dns servers manually everytime just choose the no. of DNS Server entry which you want to use. Try it !

Thank you so much for this list - I am now trying out Reliance DNS.Let's see how it goes