slow broadband speed from you broadband

nkshirsagar

ISP
airtel
Hello,

I recently purchased you broadband for my parents. Although the speed should be 12mbps according to the plan we have purchased, most of the time, we get < 1 MBps.

Several attempts to receive callback from you broadband engineers went unacknowledged. Every time I call customer service, they say that the engineer will call you back. But there is no callback, and once they even closed the case itself without anything done regarding the slow speed.

If anyone from you telecom is listening, please call me on 9665744448 to resolve this issue, as I am tired of constantly calling the customer care number and receiving no help in the matter.

-Nikhil

Hello,

I recently purchased you broadband for my parents. Although the speed should be 12mbps according to the plan we have purchased, most of the time, we get < 1 MBps.

Several attempts to receive callback from you broadband engineers went unacknowledged. Every time I call customer service, they say that the engineer will call you back. But there is no callback, and once they even closed the case itself without anything done regarding the slow speed.

If anyone from you telecom is listening, please call me on 9665744448 to resolve this issue, as I am tired of constantly calling the customer care number and receiving no help in the matter.

-Nikhil

They are giving you a speed of 12 mega bits per second.
Which should give you a speed of up to 1 mega byte per second.
Get that checked first.

If you are getting 1 mega bit per second, then it's an issue and need to get it checked.
And connect the wire directly to the PC and do a SpeedTest, it can also be an under powered router.

Nikhil,

I am a current user of You broadband and I have same experience as yours. The Customer care cant help you as they said, they are just to read if they get any feedback from technical team or write what you are reporting. Apart, I have mailed to every one including the CEO . What can I do other than disconnecting. We know we have right to go to consumer redressal forum. but who is having time for this.

As stated by other member, make sure you are not getting confused by bits abd bytes. 12mbits(Mb) giving 1mbytes(MB) is perfectly ok. If it is 1mbits (mb) then i think you need the check cable first. Also make sure you choose some well known server to test the speed.

And connect the wire directly to the PC and do a SpeedTest, it can also be an under powered router.

If the delivery is over ethernet (which i belive is), then make sure total length of cable from distribution box to your router is not more than 100mtrs. Also, make sure the wire is traveling shortest possiable distance.
It might sound absurd but any distance more than 80-90 meters where wire is traveling steep up and down like from one side of building the wire is pulled all the way to terrace and from thr if it is fetched till your house on the other side downwards woukd definately have this issue. The router generally used at homes are very low powered devices and are not intended to amplify signals for this type of deployment. Ask engginer to re route wire but going around the building. This would cutshort the wire and woukd resolve your issue.