Slash in Dataone charges

• Thread starter Thread starter Somjit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 9,648
as a consumer, i like to be treated like a king. it has nothing to do with me being lazy.

Sushubh, I dont ever stand in a queue. I have people who do the same for me. I am reported that queues are never big but the Lunch time is very strict. Thats the worst part if u reach at the wrong time.

yeah. i remember the time i went to the railway station to buy a ticket. i had to get it done finally through an office boy. they are more used to it 😀

Originally posted by ways2gain@Jun 11 2005, 01:23 AM
It may take BSNL about 2-3 years to have Sales guys drop in and fill forms. They are yet to appoint franchisees for it.
[snapback]12091[/snapback]
[/quote]

If you book over Sampark (Dial:- 1500), then the BSNL guys will come to your place to fill forms. SAMPARK has been introduced in Calcutta Telephones at least a year back.

This is what they call "Home Delivery Services" Isn't it ?

U can now buy rail tickets online and its couriered to ur house. Also there are Agents which are Railway approved who book tickets and their service charge is also railway approved - Rs 25 or 50. Its worth going thru them.

my bank delivers rail tickets to home. the problem was that we were looking for tatkaal booking for next evening 😉

Agents book Tatkal as well. Their service is good if you know one of them. Quite convenient in fact. As fast as Dataone at times.

SAMPARK is absolutely Repeat absolutely free.You donot have to pay a single buck for this Service.

Originally posted by idiot@Jun 11 2005, 03:22 PM
Thats right...😀
[snapback]12183[/snapback]
[/quote]

Usage charges for Dataone may reduce from coming July.

Because BSNL has set a target of 20 lakhs broadband customers by 2006. And at the same time the tariff for DIAS has been heavily reduced. So, the BSNL officers of various telecom circles has reported to BSNL headquarter at Sanchar Bhaban, New Delhi, that unless and until the tariff for Dataone is reduced substantially, it is almost impossible to acheive the set target for Dataone. Higher authorities at BSNL headquarter now pondering over the issue. Presently, there is no unlimited plan. That is also being considered.

I donot know what will happen from July, but it may be expected that some good plans would be introduced.

Lets hope for the best.

dias comes for 3000 bucks for unlimited usage. do u expect dataone to be cheaper than that?

There is nothing wrong in expectation.But actually what will happen will be decided by BSNL Big Bosses at Delhi.