• Thread starter Thread starter honey01
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 977

honey01

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Released in international markets a week and a half ago, the latest entry in the James Bond franchise is already laying waste to overseas box office records, raking in a 10-day total of $287 million. Now, the director and co-writer of Skyfall are reuniting for their first television project.

Written by John Logan with Sam Mendes attached to direct, the untitled script is understandably being shopped around to premium cable networks. A period drama set in 19th century London, the series would feature fictional historical figures such as Professor Abraham Van Helsing and Dr. Victor Frankenstein as they embark on a hunt for vampires across Europe.

In addition to obvious similarities with the 2004 action movie Van Helsing, parallels have also been drawn with The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, the graphic novel series written by Alan Moore that was dumbed-down for its film adaptation in 2003. Also set in the 1800s, LXG features an assortment of well-known literary characters engaging in adventures and scenarios never envisioned by their original creators.

Regardless, the new Logan/Mendes project will probably not include any spy elements. In the past, Eon Productions—the producers of the James Bond series—has been known to prevent 007 writers and directors from working on other secret-agent material, even after they've finished with the franchise. Far from done with Bond, Logan is signed to script the next two 007 films, which will be the 24th and 25th in the series.

With such a high-caliber creative team, this project should flourish on HBO, which hasn't pursued a true horror series aside from anthologies like Tales From The Crypt and Masters of Horror. Since it would likely be more drama than horror, AMC or Showtime would also be ideal destinations. What do you think about this new project?

'Skyfall' director and writer teaming for Van Helsing drama

My personal opinion - I didnt like Skyfall at all - very amateurish dialogues, in some places, the dialogs seem to be for the audience to understand - lousy plot - Eva or Eve who shot Bond allegedly by mistake, why didnt she take a second shot at the original intended victim?? Q - the guy who invented the technology - how can it be that he is so stupid to allow infection of the MI6 network? Its a movie one should probably watch on Cable when available...

My personal opinion - I didnt like Skyfall at all - very amateurish dialogues, in some places, the dialogs seem to be for the audience to understand - lousy plot - Eva or Eve who shot Bond allegedly by mistake, why didnt she take a second shot at the original intended victim?? Q - the guy who invented the technology - how can it be that he is so stupid to allow infection of the MI6 network? Its a movie one should probably watch on Cable when available...

You should've put a title Spoiler Alert on your post🙁🙄

You should've put a title Spoiler Alert on your post🙁🙄

Sorry i did put that and edited it out. Plot starts mostly in the first 10 mins of the film and that is what I quoted. Rest is insignificant but silly!