Skoda Rapid

looks neat.

this is practically on the same platform as the Volkswagen Vento (VW owns Skoda). And since Skoda is sort of a premium brand (!) in our wonderful country, it could be priced at slightly higher prices than Vento. Or maybe they would prove me wrong.

And since Skoda is sort of a premium brand (!) in our wonderful country

Correct majority of indians dont know that skoda is considered to be a poor mans car abroad...and vw is reaping the benefits of ignorance...but to be fair to them... aside from the reputation, the cars themselves aernt bad when compared to other cars in the indian mkt provided one can handle their atrocious customer service...

heh yeah. i remember reading articles about skoda in auto magazines back when it was launched in india. it used to be a laughing stock in czech at one point of time because of its unreliability before it was acquired by VW and is literally the tata/maruti of that country. i actually liked XXX because it was based in that country and Skodas were all around that movie. 😀

What you'll like:• A well-built European car• Better package than the Vento at a lower, VFM price• Superb diesel engine; good driveability and 250 Nm of torque• Mature ride & handling setup• Confidence inspiring dynamics, brakes and chassis• Easy to drive Automatic transmission. Different modes to suit your style of drivingWhat you won't:• Skoda's scary after-sales-service• Not as feature laden as the competition (No steering mounted controls, USB stereo, parking sensors etc.)• Sluggish "D" mode of the Automatic gearbox. Also, no Automatic option for the diesel engine• Petrol engine isn't as impressive as the diesel• Tall rear floor hump makes the Rapid more suited as a 4 seater, than 5

all these years, just fine tuning the car these guys sold so many years back.

every manufacturer wants to introduce new cars, new to everyone's eyes but seems some don't want to leave the models once launched.

I know a doctor who has very less driven octavia, and they are unable to even get a 3 lacs for it,
they said they are never going with this brand ever.

premium cars from all brands have this problem. these cars lose their value faster than budget segment car. alto is probably the car with the best possible resale value. 5 year old model would sell for more than half the cost. no premium segment car comes close.