Sites not opening or opening only half

apurvgupta1

Regular
ISP
Excitel
Here in delhi today, on my MTNL broadband connection with static ip, some sites like facebook, imdb are not opening properly and sometimes server timed out error is appearing, anyone else facing same issues? I tried google dns, open dns and mtnl dns too but results seem to be same!

^ check my thread, have the same problem

even i am also facing the same problems....websites are not opening.....just keep on loading finally connection to server timed out...or sometimes only half of the site opens...

hey guys was this problem solved??...bczz m also facing this problem frm last 15 days,....some websites like microsoft,symantec,yahoo and many more sites are not opening,,its just stuck at waiting for response from in.yahoo.com....google,facebook and some other sites are working fine..download speed is also fine.its same as m getting from last 3 years 70 to 80kbps,,idk wat the problem is...m having mtnl since 2008 nd i never saw a problem like this...i hav done everything,,i reinstalled my windows changed my mtu settings and changed my ip address and dnsservers recomended by mtnl 1504 agents...but none of the above solutions workd even after a clean install windows 7 32bit...plzzz sumone help me...bcz i hav given up..;(

hey guyss finally my prob. got solved..windows were showing mtu value 1500,,no matter wat i entered in my router....going to tell u the solution frm hw i solved my prob. bczz i know many of u is having this prob. and done everything to get the prob. solved but none of thm works... solution : open ur cmd prompt (run as administrator for windows 7)now enter this command "netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1400 store=persistent" thn hit enter..and u r done nw u can load all websites... note: mtu=1400 is optimal for my router....ask ur service provider for optimal mtu settings...and thn just replace 1400 in command to ur optimal mtu number....like if ur optimal mtu is 1492 thn ( mtu=1492).....hav fun...

didnt work the way u mentioned but i went to router settings and internet settings changed mtp value from 1500 to 1400 it worked like charm....
thanx buddy
hey guyss finally my prob. got solved..windows were showing mtu value 1500,,no matter wat i entered in my router....going to tell u the solution frm hw i solved my prob. bczz i know many of u is having this prob. and done everything to get the prob. solved but none of thm works...
solution : open ur cmd prompt (run as administrator for windows 7)now enter this command "netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection" mtu=1400 store=persistent" thn hit enter..and u r done nw u can load all websites...

note: mtu=1400 is optimal for my router....ask ur service provider for optimal mtu settings...and thn just replace 1400 in command to ur optimal mtu number....like if ur optimal mtu is 1492 thn ( mtu=1492).....hav fun...