Site for Photography Basic rules,tips,tutorials ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2,660
Log onto Google+ and circle as many famous photographers as you can.

I advise you to follow Trey Ratcliff and his blog stuckincustoms.com .. He is the baap of HDR photography and also got a good guide on HDR photography in his website... he speaks magic with his photographs and is one of the best in the world... can learn a lot from him for sure.

Trey is also VERY active on Google Plus and I think does regular hangouts.

https://plus.google.com/105237212888595777019/posts

Yup know it and have been following/circling him since the start of G+. Though first I saw his mind blowing images at flickr where is also very popular and one of the best photographers who uploads with CC license instead of fully copyright.

Flickr: Stuck in Customs' Photostream

Here is his photo of Taj Mahal. Definitely the best photo of Taj IMO till date.

And his descriptions and his travels are also interesting.

Here is the HDR tutorial BTW

HDR Tutorial | High Dynamic Range Tutorial

Another interesting photographer is Thomas Hawk.

Flickr: Thomas Hawk's Photostream

https://plus.google.com/104987932455782713675/posts

Just checked the top Google+ users in terms of followers. Britney Spears and Paris Hilton both seem to have neared the top whereas they joined quite late. WTF. G+ is also seeming to transform from a so called "tech and interesting social network" to yet another "celebrity social network". Britney has closed up on even Larry Page and even Paris is nearing Sergey. Maybe if Kim Kardashian takes it seriously then she would also get a lot of followers and move to the top. Not sure if it is good or bad but it is a bit surprising for me as the uniqueness of G+ seems to be reducing in this way. I saw Ashton Kutcher hardly receiving any followers though he was one of the early adopters. I liked it in a way to be honest as that is why G+ was different as techies and interesting people were getting more followers than celebrities. But it seems facebook and twitter crowd is instead starting to take over G+ ever since it became public though it was primarily techies and interesting people at the start.

don't be a hater. you do not have to follow spears or anyone. you just follow the people you like and that's it. google has been very good at keeping marketing spam from your stream. launch of google pages today is a new challenge for them.

Not being a hater but I never used to do social network for the sh!t of it. I had used Orkut for a few days five years ago and then I have used Google+ seriously as I felt it was different. Just do not want it to turn into another facebook or myspace in the long run. A Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Trey Ratcliff or somebody creative getting due is more important than the gazallions of celebrities like Britney, Paris, Kim or what not getting a lot bigger following by posting some raunchy pics or other sh!t. Google+ was different for a reason and hope that it does not become another facebook or twitter.

don't be a hater. you do not have to follow spears or anyone.

you just follow the people you like and that's it.

google has been very good at keeping marketing spam from your stream.

launch of google pages today is a new challenge for them.

see. the fact remains. you need to have teens for the number. they might not be your targeted audience but they would eventually become one. teens today would complete their studies and get jobs. and they would become a valuable property then. so you cannot ignore this segment of the market. and they make up majority of the users of the social media market. and to get the numbers you need to have the celebrities. that attract thousands if not millions of new members. the good thing is that you can totally ignore the celebrities on plus if you want to.

Interesting did not know about it. Was busy today with other work and did not follow G+ news. It does not seem to be working for me when I search +Angry Birds as of now. Have you created any pages by now for IBF. Will need to check it soon and if possible try to create for a couple of my websites. Have been waiting for it since long. 🙂

don't be a hater. you do not have to follow spears or anyone.

you just follow the people you like and that's it.

google has been very good at keeping marketing spam from your stream.

launch of google pages today is a new challenge for them.

creating pages feature is not enabled for me now. i would probably keep it to bare minimum. from my facebook experience, creating a brand page for everything i run online becomes a headache.

----------

i would probably remove the facebook brand page of ibf and stick with twitter and plus 😀

agree .. that was just a bit of rant as that was startling statistics .. I am one of the biggest supporters of Google and G+ as always .. was surprised to see the demographic changing compared to when it started .. was not tracking the highest users for quite sometime .. interesting and know kids would be joining ... authentically a lot of teens should not be joining with 18+ and real name restriction but then fake profiles are also flowing throughout G+. LOL. Google+ is the best even now and completely agree and much better than the Myspace and FB sh!t. However, the growth had reduced since the last couple of months or so. So, they are probably trying to attract more crowds of all kinds included by promoting celebrities related to movies etc. directly or indirectly.

Fan pages is more I am interested in. Logging into G+ to check it out. 🙂

see. the fact remains. you need to have teens for the number. they might not be your targeted audience but they would eventually become one.

teens today would complete their studies and get jobs. and they would become a valuable property then. so you cannot ignore this segment of the market.

and they make up majority of the users of the social media market. and to get the numbers you need to have the celebrities. that attract thousands if not millions of new members.

the good thing is that you can totally ignore the celebrities on plus if you want to.

a lot of people are actually waiting for alternatives to events and groups.

these are two of the most popular features on facebook apart from pages which are either used by brands or spammers.

regular folks have no use for pages. it is just marketing bullcrap that increases spam on your newsfeed.